Scents that hold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmakkers

Reaction score
I've been on the hunt for good fragrances that really hold up over time. Any suggestions on ones that absolutely hold? I've done some research for a pear fragrance and I haven't found any reviews for a fragrance that holds extremely well. I'm also looking something lavenderish that holds up and is more on the floral side. TIA!

My perfect pear is Peak's Bartlet Pear. It 's strong, realistic, and holds wonderfully well. Soaps perfectly, too- absolutely no A or D.

I have a favorite lavender FO, too- Tassie Lavender from Soapalooza (MMS also sells a spot-on version-- smells just like Soapalooza's). Anyway, it's very strong and lasts forever and a day in my soap. The scent is different OOB than it is in my soap, and I must say that I like way it smells in my soap as opposed to OOB. OOB, it smells more chemical/medicine-y to my nose, but in my soap, it takes on a wonderfully pleasant soapy note (I love soapy notes). Both versions soap very well with no A or D.

IrishLass :)

Moonworks Dupe of Lavender & Sage at Fragrance Buddy holds very well, and I love the scent, it is lavender with just a touch of sage. I can't believe how popular this one is, nobody wants my regular lavender after they smell this.

OO, do you have any other FB recommendations? I have been meaning to check him out. We seem to be on the same page w/r/t FO likes. B/t/w, I ordered a couple of the bottles of the Tenn. CS Tangerine Dream, it is on its way!

Yes we have both listed a bunch on the FO review sheet. Not_Ally I think you would really like Patchouli Passion, Sun & Earth, and Karma. The first two are Moonworks Dupes, and stick like glue, Karma is a Lush Dupe and also Sticks. Fragrance Buddy is not great about listing descriptions so just so you know. Patchouli Passion is Honey Patchouli, and Sun & Earth is Orange with Patchouli.

I think he may have a sale for July 4, you can check Fackbook. I have mostly purchased the Moonworks and the Lush Dupes. These dupes are as good as some that cost twice as much, I don't think this is true for all of the fragrances. A couple of the Moonworks are not strong in soap, Bella and Ancient Incense. I just tested Sir Dorian, and at the max usage of 3% it isn't very strong either.

Latest posts

Back