Scents that go well with raspberry?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aislingm

Reaction score
I am very new to candle making (wax melts so far), and based in Ireland so don’t have access to some scents locally. I just made a batch of wax melts using raspberry fragrance oil by itself and they smell sickly sweet - a bit candy flossish? I’m planning to remedy them - they’re soy wax - and add some additional fragrance oils to tone down the raspberry. I’m struggling to find plain cranberry oil here or in the UK. I know adding other Berry scents is suggested but I think they’d just make it sweeter still?

Any recommendations for good scent mixes?

thank you for any advice/help.

And happy st Patrick’s day to you all

Aisling

Some of the popular scents that I've seen in soap that would work in candles are:
Black Raspberry Vanilla
Raspberry Lemonade
Raspberry Mint
Chocolate Raspberry
Raspberry Sangria/Champagne
Raspberry, Lemon, and Ginger
Berries and Cream (Raspberry + Strawberry + Vanilla)

Champagne sounds lovely! I think most citrus scents, lemon verbena or lemongrass. Patchouli or a fresh linen/rain type maybe? I once had a raspberry lilac FO sample that sounds weird but was strangely quite nice. That may still be sweeter than what you want though.

Thank you so much everyone. I'm off now to go online and see what I can get hold of in this crazy current world of ours. Thank you! Aisling.

Latest posts

Back