Scents for Soy Wax Candles

Discussion in 'Candle Making Forum' started by Heather.k., Mar 10, 2018.

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above.
  1. Mar 10, 2018 #1

Heather.k.

Heather.k.

Heather.k.

Hi.
    I'm looking for some advice from anyone about companies that sell fragrance for Soy Candles. If the sellers name (brand) needs to be mentioned when selling on the candles?, or if I mix some different fragrances to create my own "blend " is this acceptable. Haven't sold any yet, I'm at early stages researching and practicing.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Mar 10, 2018 #2

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

dixiedragon

How long have you been making candles? You really need to master the craft before you sell. Also, keep in mind that insurance for candles is touchy.

But you don't need to name the manufacturer of the scent. Some scent names are copyrighted. For example, Smuggler's Soul by Lush is copyrighted. Nurture has a duplicate they call Somali Soul.

3. Mar 10, 2018 #3

cmzaha

cmzaha

cmzaha

Supporting Member

California Candle has a decent selection of candle scents. He is also a manufacturer of candles so he does know what works and does not. He is also a good source of information . John is the owner and his son's work with him so you can quite personalized help. http://calcandlesupply.com/

4. Mar 10, 2018 #4

LilyJo

LilyJo

LilyJo

Also depends where you are - there are some rules around how you calculate the allergens for labelling and that is more complicated if you create your own blends.