scents all gone

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using 6% for all of my fragrances that allow it. I have only used a couple of my soaps because well I just started soap making lol. My soap smells great in the shower but after I get out I can barely smell it on my skin. Is this normal? Have you found that customers want a scent that sticks to them after the shower or the scent to be strong before they purchase it?
Also I am not planning on selling anytime soon. I just always make products with the potential of selling in the future in mind. I feel like by doing this, it will push me to make the best bar of soap that I can. 😉

I have been using 6% for all of my fragrances that allow it. I have only used a couple of my soaps because well I just started soap making lol. My soap smells great in the shower but after I get out I can barely smell it on my skin. Is this normal? Have you found that customers want a scent that sticks to them after the shower or the scent to be strong before they purchase it?
This is an old thread...
But personally I would not expect soap scent to stick on my skin, and in fact it would likely bother me. Use a body spray or perfume if you want lasting scent.
I also don't like soap that has that "punch in your nose" strong smell.

Awesome thank you and yes it is an old thread that I was scrolling through lol. I was looking for answers that you just answered for me hahahahaha. Thanks a lot

As stated most fragrances won’t stick to the skin long term. However, some scents will stick for awhile. Nature’s Garden Perfect Man and Cracklin Birch leave a nice scent to the skin. Perfect Man don’t use more than 3-4%. It’s potent.

Thanks and I do use perfect man in candles and it smells awesome. I have never tried the crackling birch. I will have to jump on that one. I am going to look into Oakmoss and Amber from Candle Science because it is amazing in candles, melts and diffusers. I bet if its skin safe it will be fantastic in soap.

Some EOs stick longer than others. Patchouli, anise, lavender, peppermint and spearmint last a long time in my soaps.

Back