Scenting LS...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTAnton

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying how intriguing this LS process has been! One rapid metamorphosis after another!
I have a bunch of 250 ml foamer assemblies that are going out to my various testers. I'm pleased with what I've made and how well these foamers work. But as I'm customizing the containers with various fragrance oils it seems that a lot of scent is necessary per container. I'm wondering what more experienced individuals use as a concentration for their scents? I'm pipetting in drops of fragrance with an equal amount of PS 80. Anything I should know?
As always, thank you all so much for all the sharing that goes on within this forum!

I use the same amount of fragrance for liquid soap as bar soap: 0.5 oz/PPO. I do not like over-scented soaps, though, and I want all the scent to be gone within a couple of minutes of washing my hands.

I also prefer lightly scented soaps. I don't mind a lingering scent on my hands but it should be gone within a few minutes ideally. Generally, I'm guilty of using less than 30ml or .5oz of FO for my LS since I make 1lb batches.

I find I can get by with using a lot less FO in my liquid soap as compared to my bar soap. I use between .3% to 1% as per the total weight of my finished/diluted liquid soap (depending on scent strength and usage rate). I like to package my LS in 4oz pump bottles, which means I'm usually using between 1/4 mL to 1 mL FO per every 4 oz. bottle of liquid soap, which is plenty enough scent for my nose.

IrishLass :)

I agree with the others that scent appears stronger in liquid soap than in bar soap. The "Cool Spring" FO from Nature's Garden that went into my last batch of diluted LS is getting really, really tiresome -- it's just a little too distinct for my taste. I added it at 1% of the total diluted LS weight.

Back