Scented Dusting Powder Clumps

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuanahRose

Reaction score
The scented dusting powder I made won't shake out of its container.

I put it into a round white plastic container that has a pop on lid with holes that close or open when the top is twisted.

I used arrowroot, cornstarch and tapioca powder scented with essential oil.

There are no oil clumps.

The powder doesn't flow.

Maybe it is too fine?

Is there something I can add to make it flow more freely.

I want to keep the powder smooth. Last year I used a flour and it made grainy.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thank you in advance.

I'm bumping this in hopes that someone will see it and be able to give an answer. I've never made powder so I don't know what might work other than using an additive like Dry Flo. I'm not even sure if it would help.

Adding magnesium stearate

I did a test using 1 teaspoon of magnesium stearate to 1/3 cup scented powder and the new mixture is free flowing.

Any feedback on the use of the m.s. would be appreciated.

Would Dry-Flo be a better choice?

TIA

And thank you, Hazel, for the bump.

You're welcome for the bump. I hope someone can help you because like I said, I've never made powder. I checked through my recipes and I don't even have one for making powder. I don't know if Dry Flo would be better. I've read about it and people have recommended it but I've haven't used it. I see that BB and MMS both carry it. I'm sure other suppliers have it, too.

Try adding a little uncooked rice to the container. Shake well before each use. Don't know if this will help, but it won't hurt.:razz:

Latest posts

Back