Scent Memory Vs. 1617 Vs. Makesy

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saponificarian

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just received a few fragrance oils from 1617 and I love them! I believe they are comparable to Makesy! They are complex with that touch of perfume quality which is what I want in fragrances now.

This question is for you soapers/chandlers that have used Scent Memory FOs, is it any similar to Makesy or 1617?

Thanks lots!

I got some samples from Scent Memory so I am able to answer this question now. For me, here is how I rank these FO suppliers.

1. Makesy - WoodenWick - The best! Quality is top notch with the perfume quality I have been looking for, with huge variety.

2. 1617 - She is definitely giving Makesy a run for their money! I loved the 5 FOs I got, which rarely happens. Quality is on par with Makesy with not as much variety.

3. Scent Memory- Definitely good quality FOs but for me, I will put this supplier a step above suppliers like Flaming candle and Candle Science but below Brambleberry and WSP.

Personal opinion here based on using these FOs in liquid soap and wax melts.

I got some samples from Scent Memory so I am able to answer this question now. For me, here is how I rank these FO suppliers.

1. Makesy - WoodenWick - The best! Quality is top notch with the perfume quality I have been looking for, with huge variety.

2. 1617 - She is definitely giving Makesy a run for their money! I loved the 5 FOs I got, which rarely happens. Quality is on par with Makesy with not as much variety.

3. Scent Memory- Definitely good quality FOs but for me, I will put this supplier a step above suppliers like Flaming candle and Candle Science but below Brambleberry and WSP.

Personal opinion here based on using these FOs in liquid soap and wax melts.
I disagree. I have purchased from all of those sites and will not buy from anyone but scent memory.

Why oh why! I just want to make stuff…it makes me happy 😊
Next time I go back, I'll likely stop at one of the stores in Calgary and grab some things for the trip home. It costs too much to have it shipped. Thing is, it's been three years. I don't see me getting back any time soon.

I don’t suppose family could package stuff up and send it for you?
My sister would but, and this is weird, it costs more for her to send it than it does a business. We've done it before with presents for my nephews. I finally gave up with that and just send money if I have it. Oh that reminds me, she was going to send me a little decoration she made for my Christmas tree. Have to remind her. Hate to think how much it will cost though. It's the same with traveling across the border, add crossing the border, and suddenly the price of the plane ticket jumps by $300. If I were to land in Great Falls, it's actually MUCH cheaper for my family to come get me and drive back across the border than it is to cross the Alberta border and land in Calgary.

Back