Scent Memory Fragrances arrived!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carly B

Reaction score
The fragrances I ordered from Scent Memory showed up today. What a group of intense and unusual fragrances.
The one that blew me away the most was La Boulangerie. I generally do NOT like foody scents, but every time I
sniffed this, I could see a gorgeous French baguette with a crackly crust. It's so good, and it's strong OOB. I'm definitely
doing either a candle or more likely, wax tarts this week. :)

I think my favorite from the haul was Whispers in the Library. Her scent notes say Evoke the feeling of visiting an old library - old paper, antique woodwork, vanilla perfume, cedar desks, and to me it comes off as a warm, soft fragrance. Hubby sniffed it (I hadn't told him the name) and he said it smelled like books and he could smell some wood. Much more discerning than I am......

A couple of them were very faint, but I think my nose was getting tired. I'll resniff them all later, starting with the ones that seemed light.

I did make wax tarts with La Boulangerie, and I made small perfume roll-ons of Whispers in the Library and Baccarat Rouge. I've been enjoying getting hubby's input---WitL he thinks would be a great soap or candle, and I agree, although I do like it as a perfume, too. I don't get a book smell, but I also got Bibliothe-que, which she says is the "essence of paper and leather binding."
I don't smell that in it, but I also don't get the scent notes she has:
Top: Peach, Plum
Heart: Peony, Violet
Base: Leather, Patchouli, Vanilla

That doesn't mean they aren't there, just that I'm picking up something different. For the most part, I've liked all the fragrances. They are very interesting and quite complex.

Bibliotheque is such an oddball! I feel like Byredo took a more abstract, experimental approach to it than we normally see in book/library perfumes…If you put it in a water or alcohol spray you may get more of the book notes, I haven’t tried it personally but have read a few reviews (of the original, not SM) that say that.

Back