Scent Advice Requested

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Richard Dakesian

I found some Haunted Pumpkin Ale on a clearance sale at the local store and am making my last soap batch of the season with it. (Seasonal ale on sale for $3 for a six pack.)

I don't have many fragrance/essential oils left but do have some "orange and lemon grass" mixed essential oil.

Would that be a good scent in your opinions?

Thanks for any advice.

I'm assuming you're talking Pumpkin Ale Beer to make soap with. Orange and Lemongrass will probably be okay but orange doesn't stick very well unless it's a folded orange. Lemongrass sticks just fine. If you like it and it's for personal use go for it.

Thanks everyone...…..yes the Pumpkin ale is the liquid I am using instead of water.

Made about 100 bars out of Guinness Extra Stout this week and scented those with a rose/sandalwood FO and it smells good.

But the pumpkin smell is different than the Guinness so I will try the Orange/Lemongrass combo EO that I have on hand. The pumpkin has kind of a spicy citrus smell to it.

I don't have hardly any scent choices any longer because it is the end of the season for me. I make batches of soap in the winter only.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back