Savon de Marseille

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxx59

Reaction score
Hi everyone .... I have only just started on my soap making adventure, and my all time fave has always been those lovely green cubes of Savon de Marseille. I have been searching for a recipe of this soap, but cannot find one anywhere. Can anyone help please?

I am new to soaps (cold process at least) too. In my book, Pure Soapmaking by Anne-Marie Faiola, there is a recipe for 100% Castile Brine soap. It's a recipe based off of the Savon de Marseille soap. Maybe try that book or the Brambleberry website (based in US). I wish you luck! It's a soap I would like to try as well!

I am new to soaps (cold process at least) too. In my book, Pure Soapmaking by Anne-Marie Faiola, there is a recipe for 100% Castile Brine soap. It's a recipe based off of the Savon de Marseille soap. Maybe try that book or the Brambleberry website (based in US). I wish you luck! It's a soap I would like to try as well!
Wonderful ... Ill have a look. Thankyou!

Have you tried searching SMF? There are lots of discussions. Here is a post @IrishLass made (post #5) with lots of links to discussions about Savon de Marseille. You can probably find more by using the search feature (look in the upper right corner of any page).

https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/need-to-get-start.72556/#post-730875
Thankyou, ill check out that link :)

Ohhh :) I might give that one a go next time

Back