Saving Seized Soap Cupcake Frosting

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever had soap that became too hard to pipe? That happened to me today. I hated to just glop it in a mold so I put the soap in a small crockpot with just a little water and turned it on high. In a few minutes the frosting was ready to pipe. I was using the Wilton Dessert Decorator Plus. The soap might become too hot to use with a pastry bag after heating.

yep. happened to me, not once, but twice. the poor plastic bursted on me. unfortunately, i didn't think of your method. i did dump it in the crock pot, but ended up cooking the soap and making it into bars. i have since invested in a better piping bag, lol!

I don't do the cupcakes because I have no skill nor patience so in my amateur eye they look good.

As you can see, I am not a professional either. I am still practicing, trying to get the technique right.

Thanks for the tip, Isg! I was thinking of making some cupcake soaps for the girls in the office for St. Valentine's Day. They all look good, but that first one on the left is perfection! Did you scent them with lemon? That is what I smelled when I saw them. I don't know why my mind does that.

No, the frosting was orange before I cooked it. I scented the frosting with Saveonscents Bellini. They still have some fragrance
left.

Back