Quantcast

Saving drafts

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

not_ally

Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, hope this is right? Anyway, I just lost a post, which happens not infrequently, probably mostly b/c I am a klutz. Maybe this is something that happens w/all forums, so there is not an easy fix, but is there way to save draft versions if posts end up getting gobbled - for whatever reasons? Like in gmail, where once you start to type the email is saved in draft until you hit delete/send? It would be really nice.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I know I am going to have a long post I write it in Word and then cut and paste it over. Otherwise I just hope I can use the browser cache to back up to it

not_ally

Reaction score
K, the browser cache, is that just going to history? I've tried to just use the back arrow, but that never works.

kchaystack

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just the back button. If you are fast you can catch it.

The history just saves the url, but no form data.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
KC's suggestion to click the back button usually works for me. I'm using Firefox, latest version. I've even accidentally closed the browser tab in which I was writing a post, reopened the tab, and my unposted message was still there. If you're using another browser or an old version of Firefox, it might not work the same. But he's right -- for longer posts, it's best to use a word processor to compose, then copy and paste.

Seawolfe

Reaction score
If Im on my iPad, I find that shaking the heck out of it will undo the last action - sometimes that tab that I closed accidentally. But usually I try to post from a computer and not a tablet. On my tablet or iPhone the SMF app works really well (better than from a browser), especially for posting pics.

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
I'm exclusively on my tablet and I use my Notepad app to write long posts in case I have to step away. It allows me to save the drafts. I rarely access the SMF via the web because I use the tapatalk app, less cluttered and much easier to navigate.

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I usually use Word or Notepad to write my draft, but sometimes I'm not as diligent, or I forget....and then I kick myself and scream out, 'Aaaaarrrrgh!' and call myself derogatory names when it goes 'poof' for whatever reason and I can't get it back. lol

IrishLass :)

gigisiguenza

Reaction score
LOL yep I've had them go poor too, which is why I now use my Notepad. Before that, I just lived dangerously and typed it live! :D

Latest posts