Saturday Night's soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusti

Reaction score
13507006_10209243756587905_3492408119440515951_n.jpg

Lard, CO, OO, AO and WSP's Cool Citrus Basil (which I don't think truly smells like either one, but at least it's fresh).

I can't remember if this swirl is called an in the pot swirl or a clyde slide - mixed colors and put them back in my big bowl a layer at a time and poured into my mold without really manually swirling anything. Quick and dirty. I'm sure someone can fill me in!

Those look nice> our recipe sounds close_ my fave recipe is co>lard>ao and oo> avocado oil makes everything better> imo

Those look nice> our recipe sounds close_ my fave recipe is co>lard>ao and oo> avocado oil makes everything better> imo

So far I've only got one that I'll for sure keep making, with tweaks here and there (80% lard/20% CO), but I have another recipe with mango butter and AO that's got another week or so to go before I'll use it, and then this one with AO, so we'll see how I like them once they're ready for use!

I forgot I added silk to this one too. Probably not as much as I could have, but always cautious of course.

The pattern is super cool. Can you relay your basic steps to us, and do you think you could get close to it again?

Can I get close to it again? I dunno, maybe? I'd have to try again!

I basically did what I think is referred to as a 'Clyde slide'. Blended to a light trace, added the FO and blended that in, then split my batch out of my big mixing bowl into two smaller containers and added my mica. Blended a couple seconds more in each container to get the colors good and mixed.

Came back to my big bowl and poured the colors back in in alternating layers, just big circles on top of each other, then poured it into my mold. I started at a corner, then just gave up staying there and kind of went back and forth over the length of it after a moment. I made a little swirly design in the top you can't really see with the tip of a spatula and then covered it up.

That's really it. The pour/design itself didn't take but 5 minutes or so, maybe less.

That makes sense. I had a hunch it was ITP-based, and I could see you poured some of it from the side, but I couldn't quite connect the dots otherwise made so apparent by the glowing rings. Times like that you wish you had video'd what you'd done :)

That makes sense. I had a hunch it was ITP-based, and I could see you poured some of it from the side, but I couldn't quite connect the dots otherwise made so apparent by the glowing rings. Times like that you wish you had video'd what you'd done :)

Yeah, I think the one on the bottom (viewer's) right is an end-ish piece where I started. Something in my brain just went 'staying in the corner is boring! What happens if this?'

I need to get that bravery back for my drawing and painting. :crazy:

Latest posts

Back