Satisfaction

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

commoncenz

Reaction score
Tried a modified Three color mantra swirl yesterday. When adding my first main color (the teal), the batter moved the cardboard I was using as a divider. So, I Just removed my second divider, added my second main color (white) on the other side. Then I made alternating passes up and down the center of the two colors with my "accent color" (orange). Kinda figured the mantra was ruined, but attempted it anyway.

I was very pleasantly surprised (OK "EXCITED) with how these turned out. They are scented with VA Candle Supply's Pina Colada.

Carribean Dream - 7-13-15 1.jpg

Carribean Dream - 7-13-15 2.jpg

Carribean Dream - 7-13-15 3.jpg

Carribean Dream - 7-13-15 4.jpg

Thank you all! I was trying for something that reminded me of the Carribean that was not the normal "Mardi Gras" color scheme. So, I hoped that those colors would represent white sands, blue ocean/sky and sunlight.

I like the colors also... definitely beachy. How did the scent hold?

The scent held well. It was a strong scent to begin with.

On a side note Stacy, I think that the problems I had with some of the earlier scents may have been because of the addition of salt and sugar to my recipe. I was trying a new recipe and added salt and sugar as usual. But, this time I didn't use them and no problems. So, I will have to try those earlier two scents again and use them with my saltless/sugarless version of my recipe.

The scent held well. It was a strong scent to begin with.

On a side note Stacy, I think that the problems I had with some of the earlier scents may have been because of the addition of salt and sugar to my recipe. I was trying a new recipe and added salt and sugar as usual. But, this time I didn't use them and no problems. So, I will have to try those earlier two scents again and use them with my saltless/sugarless version of my recipe.

Looking in my notes, I used sugar in the lav. euc., but not salt with my basic OO,CO and castor recipe. It seems I also made a note that in CP the euc. came through more, and the lav. came through in HP more... the things I learn when I flip over the paper...lol

Cenz, I've never noticed (or read anywhere, and God knows, I've read everywhere) that sugar or salt in small amts changes scent retention. Have you tried FO's from other places yet?

I guess I didn't make myself clear. What I was referring to was an earlier conversation that Stacy and I had regarding VA Candle Supply Scents. I had noticed acceleration and ricing using certain scents and she had not. The only difference between an earlier recipe I had been using and the one that was accelerating/ricing when I added the FO was that I had started using sugar (1 tbs ppo) and salt (1 tsp ppo).

I have not used any other scents since I started soaping again because I bought a couple big batches of FOs from VA. I'll be trying nurture and some others soon though.

Oh, sorry. B/t/w, if you are in the FO research stage, NG is a good place to order, their 1 ozers are reasonably priced - usually $2.65, and I think they discount 50c per bottle if you buy 10 or more - their scents are widely reviewed b/c so many people use them, they usually have lots of reviews on the NG site (although I take those as potentially being a little less objective) and they are generally well priced. So there is lots of feedback on A/D/sticking, etc.

Back