Sassafras???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInPdx

Reaction score
I am looking for a good sassafras fragrance oil. I love sassafras scent but don't want to deal with the EO because I know it's toxic. Does anyone have any ideas?

I happen to have a 1/2 oz of Sasafrass by FNWL. It has a rootbeer smell, not bad. I haven't smelled true sasafrass in many years and this FO smells a little on the sweet side to me...although I am smelling it full strength.

Scentworks has a Sweet Violet and Sassafras FO, but I don't know if it smells anything like Sassafras since I don't know what it smells like :oops:

GrumpyOldWoman said:
Scentworks has a Sweet Violet and Sassafras FO, but I don't know if it smells anything like Sassafras since I don't know what it smells like :oops:

Sassafrass smells like rootbeer to me.

Tam said:
I happen to have a 1/2 oz of Sasafrass by FNWL. It has a rootbeer smell, not bad. I haven't smelled true sasafrass in many years and this FO smells a little on the sweet side to me...although I am smelling it full strength.

Bumping this thread to say "thank you." I found it at FNWL and am ordering it. :)

Latest posts

Back