Sassafras Tea #2 (photos)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
This is Batch #15 for me and my second Sassafras Tea Attempt. I changed the Ingredients and I reduced the Sassafras strenth this time. The first Sassafras bars came out very brown almost a wood look, These have a more Sassafras tea color.

Grape seed oil, Safflower oil, Soybean oil, Lard, Coconut oil (76), Olive
oil, Stearic Acid, 35 oz. oils, 5 oz. Lye
Additives: 1/2 oz. Castor, 1/2 oz. Sweet oil (olive) and 1 oz mixed fragrance oil.

Discounted the water only 1 oz. water replaced by Strong Sassafras Tea.

I make all my soaps outside because of our Birds. It was around 20 degrees. And at trace the soap begain to get thick really quick.

Mixture in mold (back inside house). Already reliqiefing after only a few minutes.

l_be5a9cc6ad743a890ee37c08aaaa8e86.jpg

My helper, He works really Cheap.. Basically for peanuts.

l_164400354574ee54efc2f9487be6b702.jpg

Rough Cut Bars, Very nice color, alittle ashy.
l_49809ef4e7a7f64feabae0b585bba957.jpg

finished bars, nice color and mable look.
l_b4f6631d910c4119cd90f960e913847a.jpg

l_9fedf101ffd231741824ad196d4c89d6.jpg

It kind of reminds of a deep rich mahogony wood. I think it is very pretty.

Wow, that is gorgeous soap. And I love the picture of the blue jay. Unfortunately I do not get to see those little feathered friends until Spring. Too cold here. I just thrill when I hear their first call in the Spring. Them and the Canada Geese.

Thank you everyone. I sure do appreciate being able to fellowship in soap making with such wonderful people.

Very pretty color. Does the tea smell come through?

Your helper is adorable too. :)

Marr

Neil have you tried that soap yet? It is so beautiful it makes me jealous, but I am curious what color the suds are... Great job!

Great looking soap, Neil. I like the almost woodgrain look of it. What a nice little helper you have. I would just shrivel up and die if I wasn't surrounded by nature and wildlife. Thanks for sharing.

The suds are white its 7%+ super fat so it neutralized really quickly. The lather is good lots of small bubbles. My wife says it looks like really nice soap so I’ve pleased my favorite Fan/Critic.

Thanks for all the great coments. I am well please with being able to recreate the experiment.

Congratulations Neil! Those are consistent looking bars of soap you created. I'd use those puppies any day. You got the soap bug bad my friend, continuing to make more soap is the only antidote for it! :lol: That is what happened to me a few years ago, got the soap bug and can't shake it! Must be a carrier by now.

Thanks for sharing with us....

Paul.. :wink:

Thanks a Bunch Paul, that means alot coming from you. All I need to do now is get a real TOG mold to take that worry out of the way. Soon I hope I'll be ordering. Thanks again Paul for being Kind and so very helpful.

Latest posts

Back