Santa came early!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deedles

Reaction score
My wonderful DH bought me a Kitchenaid mixer for Christmas. He found a killer deal on Black Friday, Sears of all places had the best prices. It's a 6qt Bowl Lift Pro 6000. Just picked it up, it's pretty...and heavy!

I've got a Czech recipe for kolaches I've been wanting to try, can't wait to start slinging flour!

I've always wanted a Kitchenaide mixer, but just can't make myself drop the cash for it :mrgreen:

My DH bought the same mixer 6 q to mix the bread dough and it is wonderful for everything else:)) Santa was good this year to you, you must be a good girl:))

That is awesome - that's a purchase that no one will ever regret. Except...uh...do you have a birthday coming up? There's an ice cream making set you can also get for it and it works wonderfully!

That is awesome - that's a purchase that no one will ever regret. Except...uh...do you have a birthday coming up? There's an ice cream making set you can also get for it and it works wonderfully!

Now that you mention it, my birthday in Jan 3. I'm thinking that grater/shredder will come in handy for soaping!

Wow, aren't they expensive, don't think I could afford one of those.

I love mine. What I don't love are the attachments I paid a fortune for to make my applesauce marathons easier. I have had no luck at all with the grinder attachment set that has the slicer and "puree-er." However, the grain mill attachment is absolutely amazing! I used it to make rice flour and bean flour as well as rye and oat flour. I really need to get that ice cream maker set for it, though. I'm sure there are some other attachments I would find handy, but the set I purchased for applesauce didn't do what I wanted it to do. I haven't tried it on anything else, though.

Oooo, if your recipe turns out, would you mind posting it? I love kolaches and so miss them since moving from Texas.

Why haven't they caught on in the rest of the country?!?!?

Wow, aren't they expensive, don't think I could afford one of those.

They are! That's why I've never bought one. The one I got retails for almost $500, depends on where you get it. The Kitchenaid website has it for $569. With the Black Friday sale and a coupon I found online, we paid $199 for it. Still expensive but they last forever and are so versatile.

Ohh to be in the U.S. you are lucky, I could afford that, we don't have those kind of deals here. No coupons etc.

I purchased the Pro 6-quart several years ago and love it. I also am not a great fan of all the attachments. I wondered why I did not buy one many years ago. Glad I bought mine when we were still working

My dream is to own a kitchen aide mixer someday! Haha.
I mix everything by hand at the moment ... Which isn't bad. I mean, I do have one heck of a strong mixing arm. :D

Oooo, if your recipe turns out, would you mind posting it? I love kolaches and so miss them since moving from Texas.

Why haven't they caught on in the rest of the country?!?!?

I'm making them today so I'll let you know. My SIL's grandmother was Czech and she made the most incredible kolaches, I wish someone in the family had her recipe. More than likely it was one of those she just knew how to make and never wrote down. The recipe I found is from one of the bakeries in Bourne.

As for their popularity...I don't know. Even here what is commonly called kolaches in bakeries is just pigs in a blanket, ie; sausage in a roll.

I love our Mixer I use it for all of our Baking / Bread making fun. They last for ever and have a great warranty. The company stands behind their product.

Todd

I've been mixing everything by hand for years so I'm kinda leery about bread in a mixer. Looking at that bread hook I just can't see how it'll 'grab' everything! LOL!

I'm making them today so I'll let you know. My SIL's grandmother was Czech and she made the most incredible kolaches, I wish someone in the family had her recipe. More than likely it was one of those she just knew how to make and never wrote down. The recipe I found is from one of the bakeries in Bourne.

As for their popularity...I don't know. Even here what is commonly called kolaches in bakeries is just pigs in a blanket, ie; sausage in a roll.

There is a place off of, umm, Cinco Ranch Blvd that sells (used to sell) the poppy seed traditional ones. I think it was called Texas Kolaches. It's been years since I've been, but they used to be excellent if you're in the park10/katy area.

I've been mixing everything by hand for years so I'm kinda leery about bread in a mixer. Looking at that bread hook I just can't see how it'll 'grab' everything! LOL!
My hubby had not want to mix sourdough with his arm, it is difficult, so he got the machine and I use it from time to time to make pastry or to beat the eggs ;)

I have had my Kitchen Aid Pro for at least 20 years and have never had to have any repairs. It is a work horse. I have several attachments and do use them. I made noodles 2 days ago with the pasta attachment. I used the grinder at Thanksgiving to make my cranberry relish. I use the grinder and the shredder attachments a lot in the summer with produce from the garden. I didn't know about the ice cream maker. Now i want that too. I've never regretted spending the money for any part of it. I even bought one for my daughter-in-law when she and my son got married.

Mary Lou

Back