Sandalwood

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Sandalwood FO and love it!! I let people know that it is a fragrance oil, not the essential oil, simply because the price of the real thing is cost prohibitive.

As to your questions, a lot of my customers love sandalwood... and patchouli... and nag champa. Yeah, there are a lot of hippy types in the area where my market is located.

Sandalwood, Patchouli, Nag Champa - I love them all! And there are enough other people out there who like them that it is worth my while to keep them in stock. I use FOs for Sandalwood and Nag Champa. EO for Patchouli. The last batch of Patchouli cost me well over $100 for the EO. (But then, I like strong scents... when you step into my shower, you can tell there is a Patchouli bar in there! And people ask me through the day, "What is that scent you are wearing?" But, I suppose they could as well tell me, "John, it's time to change your socks.")

I had a coworker ask me to make some sandalwood soaps for her husband. She wants three. Trying to decide on a size batch.

I personally LOVE sandalwood. It is definitely my absolute essential oil. Because of price I just spent a small fortune on a teenie tiny bottle, just to have it. Its probably not even enough to use in a diffuser. Do you find that a lot of people like sandalwood, or is it like patchouli...either you love it or despise it.

Just got my delivery for sandalwood fo and I am trying to decide if I should go all out and make a bigger batch with my slab mold, or just use my 8 bar mold.

Do you find that customers/friends/family really like sandalwood, or just a select few, like patchouli?
I’ve made three batches of soap with a sandalwood vanilla fragrance oil because it’s been such a big family/friend favorite.

I had a coworker ask me to make some sandalwood soaps for her husband. She wants three. Trying to decide on a size batch.

I personally LOVE sandalwood. It is definitely my absolute essential oil. Because of price I just spent a small fortune on a teenie tiny bottle, just to have it. Its probably not even enough to use in a diffuser. Do you find that a lot of people like sandalwood, or is it like patchouli...either you love it or despise it.

Just got my delivery for sandalwood fo and I am trying to decide if I should go all out and make a bigger batch with my slab mold, or just use my 8 bar mold.

Do you find that customers/friends/family really like sandalwood, or just a select few, like patchouli?
I use both. they're great
I love Sandalwood, but can find it heavy. I mix it with Jasmine for a great scent for both men and women.
I use sandalwood with incense, geranium, lavander and yland ylang

A friend brought me some sandalwood from India. It was a small bottle and when added to my soap didn’t produce much smell. I haven’t tried FO yet as I don’t know where to buy a decent one and I don’t know how strong it would be. But i like strong smells so i would probably stick to the small 8 bar mold. But that’s me

@Misschief @lsg @dibbles Any recommendation for a creamy non-discolouring Sandalwood FO or FO/EO?
My favorite is from Sweet Cakes. WSP is pretty good too IIRC. Oregon Trails Mysore Sandalwood is highly recommended by a number of members here, but I have not tried that one. Majestic Mountain Sage generally has good FOs, so that might be one to check as well. I did not like any of the sandalwoods I tried from Natures Garden. They were either very weak or just...not right. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Latest posts

Back