Sandalwood Me too

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee242

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting some.
Could someone tell me how much would it take to lightly scent 5lb batch CP?
And I know a lot of things come into play on that. Just a rough idea.

Really, it is unaffordable for almost anyone to use sandalwood e.o. for soap. And not worth it, b/c of what the lye might do to it.

Believe me, I am with you on the yearning, but it it is not practical. IMO, it is better to find a good FO that comes as close as close to possible to meeting your requirements (that is not easy either, my current FO testing total is in the 30's, and I will probably keep going whenever there is a new one.)

Last edited:
Try amyris EO? I've heard it's very similar to sandalwood, but I haven't smelled it for myself.

Sometimes its hard switching gears, if you dont want to use an FO, you might just not make it. I wanted to make a Rose EO, 300.00/oz, there bouts, I didnt care about the cost.......I just wanted the soap. Then I thought, after posting on this forum that it would be best to use the Rose in a lotion....something that wouldnt go down the drain. I changed my mind about the soap. :)

I just have to chime in--I got a bottle of amyris eo in a free sample pack and covered the label and had my husband smell it. He guessed it was sandlewood.
Maybe it's similar to an untrained nose...he is not a soaper. :)

Latest posts

Back