Sandalwood FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic of two colors of sandalwood: ImageUploadedBySoap Making1397755297.228825.jpg

I used the Hawaiian Sandalwood from AHRE and I really like it.

Woodsy, not powdery. Sticks well at .9 oz PPO. Can't say if it discolors, as I used Aussie Red Clay.

Soaps beautifully with no A.

I used to use BB's Sensuous Sandalwood, but I like AHRE's much better!

That's surprising, as it sticks like glue at .85 oz ppo (~5%) in my CP. It soaps beautifully too.
My customers are very used to very stong fragrance and that is what they prefer. So possibly it just was not enough for them. I also use sandalwood powder and do not gel. Thankyou LisaNY I am going to try AHRE's. I no long have B&B on my list of suppliers....

Last edited:
I'm glad I'm not the only one to be disappointed in most sandalwood FOs. Years ago, I was lucky enough to have a small vial of real sandalwood EO. It was amazing. It's probably not a good thing to know what real sandalwood smells like, because nothing compares. While not even close to the real thing, I used to like Red Santal by Southern Soapers, but since they closed, I've pretty much given up on finding one I really like. What a shame, isn't it?

Soapalooza sells the former Southern Soapers fragrances, including Red Santal.
http://soapalooza.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=56

Wow, thanks for posting this! I used to love SS FOs. At the end, just before they sold the business, their FOs were not the same, and that turned me off to trying them from the new owner. Have you ordered anything from Soapalooza, which I see is run by Kelly again. If things are back to normal there, they have some fragrances I'd love to order again.

I used the Hawaiian Sandalwood from AHRE and I really like it.

Woodsy, not powdery. Sticks well at .9 oz PPO. Can't say if it discolors, as I used Aussie Red Clay.

Soaps beautifully with no A.

I used to use BB's Sensuous Sandalwood, but I like AHRE's much better!

What is AHRE????? Is there a link?? Thank you.

I did a 1lb test batch last night with New Directions Sandlewood Extra and I am happy I did not order the 2 lbs I was going to. For my customer base it is just to light a fragrance. It does smell nice, but I admit to never having the pleasure of smelling the real deal. It is a light woody almost like SS by B&B. I just pulled it from the mold and can smell it on my hands, so maybe it will kick up when using the bar. It does smell very nice and soaps like a dream. No acceleration, ricing or hint of discoloration. I just smelled my SS for B&B and I can say out of the bottle B&B's smells stronger, now I do not have much hopes for the Sandalwood Extra when I was unhappy with Sensous Sandalwood :-( Time will tell

Last edited:
Back