Sam's club olive oil, which one is it?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nsmar4211

Reaction score
I have a friend who has a Sam's card and is willing for me to tag along when I mentioned I was looking for olive oil.
The stuff I''m getting from Walmart is turning my recipe yellow, as I read it would (still in testing mode so not a huge deal...yet). I'd like to use something that doesn't cost 4 arms and a leg but doesn't turn it noticeable yellowish. Anyone who gets their olive oil at Sam's, which one do you use?

Hrm, all walmart had was extra virgin besides small bottles of "pure" olive oil. Pure=plain? I see Sams online has a few different "pure"...and an "extra light"...confusion :)

I didn't realize the type of oil would influence the color. And I wonder why tge EVOO, which is actually paler in color in the bottle, would create a yellow hue, versus the pure which is very green in the bottle, and doesn't. Hmmmm

This might be helpful to explain the differences in OOs. I never knew much about them until I started making soap other than for cooking I wants the EV. Now I know why! And the green might be just the color of the glass the oil is in, or it could just be from the color of the olives that were pressed.

https://www.oliveoilsource.com/page/how-pick-olive-oil

I actually use Pomace OO. I can buy it locally in gallon jugs for a good price, I find it soaps just the same as regular OO.

Obsidian I read an article about the way pomace is made and it concerned me that there are so many chemicals left in the final product. Did I misunderstand what I read? I've been very tempted to buy the romance because of cost and would love some experienced feedback. TY :)

I used olive oil pomace and in my limited experience it makes lovely soap why pay a fortune for evoo that probably gets knackered in the saponification process just saying like - plus wales won the rugby yippee

Back