Same recipe but soap coming out soft!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gibbskel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the warmth - currently very hot weather and soaping room is 28 degrees C, will prevent my soap from going as hard as it usually does? It feels almost spongy. I havent changed recipe and I'm using 3% essential oils as usual. Lye calculated correctly. I have discounted water at 25 % as usual. Any thoughts...

What @glendam said.
But if there aren't any problems there, it shouldn't make much difference in the long run. You might need to wait longer to cut it, though. Warmer soap is generally softer, particularly for the first few days. After it's cut and has dried for a few months, it should be about the same, assuming ingredients were measured correctly. Note the dried bit though- if it's kept in high humidity it may take longer to cure than normal.

What lye concentration are you using? I'm not sure what a "25% discounted water" means.
If it is on the low side, then the soap may take longer to harden up, esp. if it is humid and not just warm.
But agree -- you should just wait and see how it does.

Back