Salve for Psorasis

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moonblossom

Reaction score
I have a friend who has asked me to make a salve for her for psorasis I have never made salves before but I do have kukui and emu oil both I believe are great for psorasis or eczema. Can anyone give me a general idea how to make this I would imagine beeswax and either both or just one of these oils and which EO do you think would be best if any at all?

TIA

Here's a link to a basic balm recipe on Swift's blog (you'll have to scroll down a bit to see it). http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/s ... abel/balms

You could use the basic recipe and pick your own butters and oils for it. I've never used kukui or emu but both sound like they'd be excellent. I can't say which or both would work just because I haven't used them. I made a cream for my BIL who has problems with psoriasis and used a blend of oils. He was happy with it and said it worked better than the prescription cream he had been using. I think this may be something you'll have to experiment with and try different variations. There have been discussions about skin problems such as psoriasis and eczema and there was conflicting info on what helps with skin conditions. What works for one person may not necessarily work for someone else. Do you have any other oils? I like adding jojoba since it's so similar to sebum and avocado oil because of its emolliency. It's also good for dry, itchy and sensitive skin.

I didn't use any EOs because I was concerned about the possibility of them irritating his skin. I probably should have since I also used borage oil in the cream and you know how that stinks. :lol: I plan on replacing the borage with meadowfoam seed oil next time. It has the same benefits for which I chose borage and it's more stable. Plus I don't think it will smell as bad. :wink:

You could infuse an oil with calendula which might be a good addition to a salve.

Oh your right Thanks Hazel I do already have infused Calendula Oil, and Meadowfoam oil. Another friend has used a salve that had emu oil in it and her hubbys psorasis was almost gone in two days so I thought I'd at least use that. I have never made salves but I'll check swifts site since she is so amazing.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back