Salutations from New York!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tchotchke

Reaction score
Hey everyone! o/ My name's Nikki (or Tchotchke), I'm 29 and I just dove into the soapmaking scene. (No, really. I literally made my first soap, tonight!) But I've fallen in love with the craft, and I really want to start doing it more seriously once I get my bearings, and incorporate it into my love for witchcraft and occulty things.

It's nice to meet all of you! :D

Wave.gif
Howdy from Colorado! Congrats on making your first batch of soap! I'm looking forward to seeing what you concoct. Should be interesting, to say the least.

I'm not sure about witches, you may be our first, but there are many Newbies and Semi-newbies here so you are in good company. You might want to take some time to read info posted on the Beginner's Forum -- especially the Stickies. There's lots of good information there to help you. Once you create or find a recipe you'd like to try, plan on making a small batches to start with. Resize by running the recipe through a calculator like SoapCalc or Soapee. Then start a thread on the Recipe Feedback Forum (non-soap items too) for advice before soaping it, to ensure a good result.

You might want to read this fun thread to avoid some pitfalls:
What advice would you give to your beginning soaping self?

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=62916

Happy Soaping!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back