Salt Soap on a Stick

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shunt2011

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my first salt bar seize. It became cement in 10 seconds flat. I've never had this happen. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1471737107.238821.jpg. No saving this mess. Cracklin Birch. My husband caught me as I was tossing is and said he'll use a hack saw and then use it himself. It's his favorite fragrance.

I had this happen to me the other day. I actually microwaved it to get it to gel and thought I saved it. Nope. Just crumbled when I went to cut it. I mashed it into powder as best I could and actually used (half of) it in another batch (same recipe) the next day. Ended up working out ok. You might be able to do something like that if you can break it up after heating it some. Otherwise, I like your husbands thinking. No waste! Just chunk it up and put it in a mesh bag for personal use.

That does suck though. :(

Just curious, did you let it completely melt down in the mold in the oven? Never had that fail, even if I had to kick up the oven to 220º
I left it in for awhile but it was so clumpy it wouldn't smooth out so I just let it be.

thanks for the help though, it's truly appreciated, especially when things go so bad.

The colors are actually very interesting though! I've thought about making a loaf of soap, letting it get really hard, then putting it in a trash bag and dropping it 10 feet onto the driveway to make a bunch of soap chunks.

The colors are actually very interesting though! I've thought about making a loaf of soap, letting it get really hard, then putting it in a trash bag and dropping it 10 feet onto the driveway to make a bunch of soap chunks.

It was supposed to be blue and orange. Maybe I'll see if my husband wants to drop it. :)

Back