salt soap and mica

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padamae

Reaction score
So yesterday I had a productive soap day two batches of goats.milk and one salt soap. I had soap balls ready that I make.months ago as embeds. I looked at the great color of.tthe salt soap and added them they are HARDER than the salt soap when i tried to cut it the salt soap just squished from the pressure above. So I waited and it still was to.soft. I am.worded a day latter I wont be able.to cut it. I need a wire cutter. Till this I have been great at cutting with a long knife.

So mica question. My I used 4 oz of oil and but in 1/8 tap of bright blue mica and them.poured.it into the batch at trace. My soap is a light yellow. How Much is the standard amount. I used 40 oz of oil.

Also my goats milk one I made with mixing in 4 oz of alkanet infused olive oil and the other I melted two violet crayons in.the oil what a fun.day I had. Post pictures tonight.

replying to only one part of your message, sorry. i find that i need to use pretty fresh soap for embeds to avoid exactly the problem you're describing of the embeds 'squishing' the rest of the soap. also, if they are too hard they will fall out of the cut bars instead of adhering...

I make my salt soap in individual moulds, so I never have to worry about cutting it.

I regularly use embeds that are many months old and have no problem cutting them. I just take it slowly.

salt soap and mica - picture added - how much mica for 40 o

Thank you dragonkaz. And I.didn't want to use the individual molds that had images in.the I didn't think the salt soap wouldbe good for that. I bet I could do a thin layer with no.salt then.ass the salt.

I am.not dissatisfied with the soap well except the crumpled mes I made. And I will try to do embeds one nivht then.the soap the next night. Most the time. I did do a 3/4" p c pipe of beer soap then a few weeks latter put that soap in a.1.5 in PVC pipe then pored my green tea and hemp soap around that. It looks odd the light tan with the darkness.of the help and green.tea soap.

Back