Salt Scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamagirl

Reaction score
I am wanting to make a super simple salt scrub. The plan is 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 cup epsom salt. I am wanting to use the Crafters Choice Vanilla Cream Fragrance Oil that I have in it. I will weigh out how much half a cup is and then figure out how much fragrance oil to add, but do I use the 19% that is for lotions and perfumes or 6% that says for face cream?

Oh, yes, what lsg said -- start light! My experience is about 1% is a good dosage for most B&B products except soap. Some pungent, strong scents should be even less. You can always add more if the scent is too light, but it's hard to take scent out.

The IRFA guidelines you're quoting are the maximum theoretical amounts for safety reasons. They aren't usage guidelines.

I am wanting to make a super simple salt scrub. The plan is 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1 cup epsom salt. I am wanting to use the Crafters Choice Vanilla Cream Fragrance Oil that I have in it. I will weigh out how much half a cup is and then figure out how much fragrance oil to add, but do I use the 19% that is for lotions and perfumes or 6% that says for face cream?
I have to point out that you would never use 19% in lotions or 6% in face cream. I use 6% in my cream salt scrub but in your oil based one I would probably use 3% and would use FCO instead of CO. 2% is good for lotions. Hopefully you have decent plumbing since you will have straight oil going down your drain

Back