Salt Bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it possible to make salt or brine soap that still has noticeable lather if I were to swap coconut oil for palm kernel oil? I don't care about tons of lather, but just enough to notice that there IS lather, when in the shower. I don't want to blink and then miss it.

I don't know if switching CO and PKO will make much of a difference, I thought they would be roughly similar in terms of lather? I just tried a brine bar that has cured for about 6 wks, there is less lather than w/a non-salt soap, probably, but I suspect that might change with a longer cure. It does lather like mad when used with a pouf in the shower and feels great afterwards (v. moisturizing, clean but not stripping.)

I don't know if switching CO and PKO will make much of a difference, I thought they would be roughly similar in terms of lather? I just tried a brine bar that has cured for about 6 wks, there is less lather than w/a non-salt soap, probably, but I suspect that might change with a longer cure. It does lather like mad when used with a pouf in the shower and feels great afterwards (v. moisturizing, clean but not stripping.)

I was thinking the same thing. I'm going to try it and see.

Another one joining in. I didn't know that the 'other' salt bars needed a really long time to cure!:(

Brine Bars. Another win for the impatient soaper......8)

Back