Salt bar... oooohhh

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spenny92

Reaction score
It's not even fully cured yet, but I think I'm in love. I made a lemongrass and coconut milk salt bar maybe 3 weeks ago (too lazy to go and dig out my notes right now), and I am literally amazed at how bloody good it makes my skin feel. I've had it by the kitchen sink for my boyfriend to use when he gets home from work (dirty, grubby farmer's hands) and I just tried it today. My skin feels sooo smooth and clean and LOVELY. So much creamy, beautiful lather.

I'll stop gushing now. I just really, really, really love it - can you tell? I'm even more excited now to try it in another few weeks, if I have any left... :angel:

See? See? Could you hear bruddah Iz [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z26BvHOD_sg"]bruddah Iz[/ame] singing?

Last edited:
I am anxiously waiting for all the soaps I have made to cure. I am trying to hold out to 6 weeks.

I am waiting on a salt (1st), several shampoo versions(also 1st), first time beer, first time milk honey oatmeal.

I am dying.

Do the salt bars require a long cure? I cannot remember!

Lots of people like to cure them for a long time- from about 3 to 6 months, although some like to wait for a year. Me? I start using mine at 4 weeks at the earliest, but they do get even better beyond that.

IrishLass :)

I made some 50% soap bars with cm they were 80% co 15% oo and 5% castor 20% sf. Cant really say i like them. They dont lather as much as i was expecting and they always sweat even in a really well draining soap dish. I still have a couple dozen bars left. Ive been putting then in dh shower so i dont have to use them

Back