Salt Bar Comparisons

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrantLee63

Reaction score
Over the course of the past few days during my morning showers, I've been alternating between a 2 year+ old salt bar, and a 4 week+ old salt bar. They are the EXACT same recipe: 90% CO, 10% castor, 20% SF, and 50% Kosher salt by oil weight. Everything I've read led me to believe there would be a world of difference in the amount of, and quality of lather and overall skin-feel being the general consensus is that salt bars require at least a few months before they come into their own, and become truly lovely. In this case at least, I can honestly say that I am not able to notice the least amount of difference between the two bars. Anyone have similar experiences with salt bar comparisons?

Nope, I can tell a huge difference in lather from a 4 weeks to 4 months to 2 years. I generally use 80% coconut, 20% olive with 20% SF and 35% salt.

I use mine as early as a month, and while I can tell the difference, ~ 3 months seems to be my sweet spot. But I like them at one month, I do.

I do notice a difference with a long cure. I've tested them out many times over the years and I like them at 3 months but love it at 6 or more. I'm currenly using one over 3 years old. They are my personal favorites to use.

Latest posts

Back