Salt and pepperming in MP oozing brown?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathdiybath

Reaction score
Hi, I am brand new here and am wondering if anyone has experienced making a salt bar with mp base and dried herbs (I used solar sea salt and peppermint leaf). It was looking and working great until a few days later I noticed brown liquid oozing from my bar of soap and running down my shower wall.

I am trying to figure out what is going on? Is it the salt? The peppermint? Some sort of reaction between the two? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Catherine

Hi, I am brand new here and am wondering if anyone has experienced making a salt bar with mp base and dried herbs (I used solar sea salt and peppermint leaf). It was looking and working great until a few days later I noticed brown liquid oozing from my bar of soap and running down my shower wall.

I am trying to figure out what is going on? Is it the salt? The peppermint? Some sort of reaction between the two? Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Catherine

Hi and welcome!

Did you use anything else in the bar, or was it just the base, the dried leaves, and the salt?

Good question I have used sea salts and dry herbs with peppermint fo and it is fab maybe that's the way to go

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Soap Making mobile app

Sea salt and peppermint MP oozing brown liquid

Thanks for the responses..I made a single 4 oz bar with 2:1 base:salt ratio with about a teaspoon of finely ground peppermint leaf and 1 tsp mango butter. I mixed the peppermint leaf in with a bit of glycerin (1/2tsp).

I don't know if this applies to melt and pour, but we do have very hard water and I know that reacts with cp soap to make a gunky buildup on pipes but this is actually dripping a thin brown liquid. If I can get a good pic I will add that here.

Back