Sales on companies FO for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maple's midsummer's night is a spot on dupe that is holding strong at the 4 month mark.

The Japanese Cherry blossom is a spot on dupe that is changing a little at the 4 month mark.

The cashmere glow will discolor to brown, so be prepared. The scent is light from the beginning, but is holding at 4 months.

Maple's cucumber melon is a spot-on dupe, BUT IT FADED AROUND 3 months.

Maple's honeysuckle is nasty in CP IMHO. Maple's Jasmine heart didn't rock my world, but it is still sticking at 4 months.

Maple's Orange was incredible OOB, but my batter seized instantly with it. Add insult to injury, the fragrance did not make it out of the cure!

I hear their Cherry Almond and Hot Baked Apple Pie are really good in CP. I am going to try them next time around.

It is Soooooo Hard dealing with a fragrance company that is only focused on candle makers : (

That was my concern with candlescience a well.

Thank you soo much for your review, it was very reassuring. :)

Sooo.... I hope maplestreet would be comparable to other companies at least......someone on another forum said their scent was weak. But I ended up buying scents I didn't currently have that I was interested in and didn't mind taking a risk. Will just have to soap cautiously to prevent a soap on a stick surprise like another member mentioned about one of their FO. Time will tell :)

I had troubles with another company's fragrances being light, but not so with Maple Street. I don't think Florals are going to be their niche. They seem to do a good job with dupes. I am waiting until mine get to the 6 month mark before I leave reviews. YES, we need to get a Maple Street Review page started! I stumbled across their name while on another forum.

Tell us what fragrances you ordered!

I am in the process of testing a few more of their fragrances. These are only about 2 weeks old.

Lemon Pound Cake - will discolor to brown. It reminds me of a lemon sugar cookie at the point in the cure.

Shave and a haircut - just a clean soap smell, nothing special.

Birthday Cake - DARK BROWN and just your typical birthday cake.

Macintosh Apple - Nice apple

Bombshell - Sexy, Spicy, and I hope it holds. Its on the light side.

Sage and Lemongrass - It reminds me of Crystal Light lemonade. I like it!

Gardenia Tuberose - Not my favorite, I love tuberose and gardenia, so I really expect a lot from something with this name! This one is discoloring to a tan.

Blue Raspberry - Smells like a blue jolly rancher!

I've got about 1/2 dozen left to test.

I ordered the designer FO since I was lacking those in my collection. Also ordered strawberry champange, some coffee flavors, citrus sage, blackberry sage, the theme flavors like Sx at the beach and thunderstorm, day at the spa, love spell, amber, frankincense.. .... no florals bc I had a lot of those from candlescience.

You don't have to worry about Candle Science. They are working hard at capturing the soap making market. They are testing the fragrances to try to provide additional feedback for the soap maker. Their customer service is the best I've experienced from all the companies that I've tried.

I would of tried a second order of 20 fragrances from Maple, but I am waiting to have them post the IFRA statements for a few fragrances that I want to try.

I am in the process of testing a few more of their fragrances. These are only about 2 weeks old.

Lemon Pound Cake - will discolor to brown. It reminds me of a lemon sugar cookie at the point in the cure.

Shave and a haircut - just a clean soap smell, nothing special.

Birthday Cake - DARK BROWN and just your typical birthday cake.

Macintosh Apple - Nice apple

Bombshell - Sexy, Spicy, and I hope it holds. Its on the light side.

Sage and Lemongrass - It reminds me of Crystal Light lemonade. I like it!

Gardenia Tuberose - Not my favorite, I love tuberose and gardenia, so I really expect a lot from something with this name! This one is discoloring to a tan.

Blue Raspberry - Smells like a blue jolly rancher!

I've got about 1/2 dozen left to test.

lemon pound cake had 3 star review so I didn't get it althrough i love that scent from candlescience-- howwever, it was not soap safe from there.
bday cake--- already had cake and soo many cobblers, cheesecakes and baked goods from candlescience already with lots of vanilla so didn't get.
Got the apples flavors! can't wait to try it out!
bombshell-- good to know its light. Maybe I'll only use 600 grams of oil per FO ounce. What ratio did you use?
Sage and citrus/blackberry/euylptus/lemongrass I plan on making salt soaps with. My customer base is obsessed with salt soaps and so am I!!!
I got cherry blossom and maybe 2 other florals-- almond cherry -- and something else. I plan to just mix it with other florals I know will behave to play it safe.

what else did you order? none of my soaps make it to 6 months mark. My friends and family swoops it all up. I am lucky to save my husband and I a bar! haha. So having FO that stick is not high on my list. I tend to make small batches since I use 1-2 ounces that way I give out gift baskets with 4-5 different bars as an assortment. Makes it so much more fun this way!

I ordered the designer FO since I was lacking those in my collection. Also ordered strawberry champange, some coffee flavors, citrus sage, blackberry sage, the theme flavors like Sx at the beach and thunderstorm, day at the spa, love spell, amber, frankincense.. .... no florals bc I had a lot of those from candlescience.

GOOD Decision on the florals. Like I said earlier, I don't think that is their thing. Candle Science carries more of my floral favorites than any other company. Please, share your results after you get a chance to soap with them.

FYI: No problems soaping with any of the fragrances , including the Japaneses Cherry Blossom, EXCEPT the orange.

I only get to soap every 3 or 4 months. So, I make several batches to carry me through to the next soaping opportunity. Needless to say, I won't use a fragrance if it doesn't stick for at least 6 months.

I haven't been able to find a single source for fragrances. I tested a ton of fragrances in the last year. I've bought from:
Bramble Berry,
Candle Science,
Flaming Candle,
Fragrance Buddy,
Lone Star,
Maple Street Candle,
Micas and More,
Rustic Escentuals,
Virginia Candle Supply,
and Wholesale Supplies Plus.

When I test my fragrances, I look for fragrances that last at least 6 months in CP and do not rice or seize.
I like to try my fragrances when the 1 ounce samples are around $1 each. This means that I don't try too many from Bramble Berry anymore.
I try a few at a time when WSP puts their fragrances on sale for 30% off. I don't try too many fragrances from WSP because their smallest size is 2 ounces.

Some of the above companies have much better customer service than others. Some provide the IRFA information upfront, with others it is like pulling teeth to get the information. My favorite 2 companies for customer service and long lasting CP fragrances are Candle Science and Micas and More.

With Rustic Escentuals ( and they do a once a year $1 sampler sale) I get very frustrated because their shipping is crazy high. They have ONE fragrance that I really like and shipping is so high that I just won't order the fragrance!
@math ace, I'm interested to know which fragrances you like from Micas and More. I've been happiest with their Lavender & Apricot. All their fragrances I've tried so far have behaved exceptionally well in CP.

I'm new to FO's and bought a bunch of samplers at Maple and Nurture. I tested a bunch of them in January. Am waiting for the 6 month mark to do the review. I tested at 3% which is a long story...too long...but think 5% might be a better strength to use.

Barnwood- almost non-existent. My daughter picked it for a batch of soap with stout and it's like it has no scent at all. It was at 5%. That is from December. It didn't have much of a scent OOB and disappeared almost immediately
Tuscan Nights- one of my favorites but turns to a brown. It is one of the scents that my grandson wanted in "his" next soap, so of course had to make a batch with that. It's doing well at 3% in the tester and at 5% in the soap I made. It makes my room smell so yummy. I think it will be a favorite. The scent in soap is still going strong from February.

Both soaps were done HP but the testing was done in CP.

Right now CS has a select few FO that are 50% off!! comes out to be 1.33/ounce!
I trust CS since I ordered from then before and the order delivered quickly.

I am still awaiting my order from maplescience which I placed over a week ago
had to contact customer service which has not helped and stalk down the owner on FB to get
assistance with my order.

I haven’t fully explored all those company websites but I believe bramble berry And majestic mountain sage are super pricey! Like $4 per ounce? Is that the norm? How far do people typically stretch out one ounce of FO? I know it’s anywhere between 500-1000 grams of oil range but is there a sweet spot Soapers tend to go with? Will adding more oil concentration help if there is acceleration/ricing issues since it’s “watered down”?
I am no professional, but from watching a lot of soaping videos, it seems like there is a regulation as the maximum amount of FO or EO that can be used in a batch. I believe that it is Max 0.5 ounces per pound of soap. You may need to find out what the regulations are where you live.

I am no professional, but from watching a lot of soaping videos, it seems like there is a regulation as the maximum amount of FO or EO that can be used in a batch. I believe that it is Max 0.5 ounces per pound of soap. You may need to find out what the regulations are where you live.
But yes...there are regulations on the amount of scent that can be safely used in bath and body products and depending on your country, there can be additional regulations.

Hinata hasn't been here since May last year, so not likely to see your post to them.

Back