Sales on companies FO for CP soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So far what I have seen is candlescience and their 99 cent sale (now actually 1.33) was like a 50% off. Not sure if the only source I was familiar with coincidentally was the most economic! But yes thank you for pointing out that once I buy more ounces it will be more economic. Just not ready to commit to one certain FO that I may not like the scent or it misbehaves so I’m still testing the waters of different FO and trying to try different companies before I splurge. Last time I bought FO the bill was $206! That adds up!! I’m sure once I have a follower of customers and raise the price by $1 or so it would totally compensate for the extra price of the FO. I’m just not quit there just yet!

Where would I find pre-buy groups?
I'd suggest just doing a google search "Fragrance oil pre-buy" and your area. I'm not sure where you're located and only know of a couple in Canada. When I used those search terms and found a couple, I verified if they were legitimate by looking at recommendations in some soap Facebook groups I'm part of.

I just ordered some FO from this place called: The Candlemakers Store. I ordered from them on Sunday and it looks like my order should be here within 3 days from now. I bought 3 one ounce bottles and got one free. Looks like they also carry soap supplies and maybe on sale right now. Will let you know more if you'd like once I get my product.

https://thecandlemakersstore.com

So far what I have seen is candlescience and their 99 cent sale (now actually 1.33) was like a 50% off. Not sure if the only source I was familiar with coincidentally was the most economic! But yes thank you for pointing out that once I buy more ounces it will be more economic. Just not ready to commit to one certain FO that I may not like the scent or it misbehaves so I’m still testing the waters of different FO and trying to try different companies before I splurge. Last time I bought FO the bill was $206! That adds up!! I’m sure once I have a follower of customers and raise the price by $1 or so it would totally compensate for the extra price of the FO. I’m just not quit there just yet!

LOL, it does, I just put in a FO purchase to brambleberry and it was $163 after the 20% discount for the order because I signed up for their mailing list.

I tried to find a more cost effective source too, but my limited research leads me to everyone being about the same. I have seen people sell collections of fo on eBay and Etsy but haven't looked into the pricing.

That candlescience sale sounds pretty good. I kinda wish companies could sell the trial sizes a little cheaper, but oh well.

I haven't been able to find a single source for fragrances. I tested a ton of fragrances in the last year. I've bought from:
Bramble Berry,
Candle Science,
Flaming Candle,
Fragrance Buddy,
Lone Star,
Maple Street Candle,
Micas and More,
Rustic Escentuals,
Virginia Candle Supply,
and Wholesale Supplies Plus.

When I test my fragrances, I look for fragrances that last at least 6 months in CP and do not rice or seize.
I like to try my fragrances when the 1 ounce samples are around $1 each. This means that I don't try too many from Bramble Berry anymore.
I try a few at a time when WSP puts their fragrances on sale for 30% off. I don't try too many fragrances from WSP because their smallest size is 2 ounces.

Some of the above companies have much better customer service than others. Some provide the IRFA information upfront, with others it is like pulling teeth to get the information. My favorite 2 companies for customer service and long lasting CP fragrances are Candle Science and Micas and More.

With Rustic Escentuals ( and they do a once a year $1 sampler sale) I get very frustrated because their shipping is crazy high. They have ONE fragrance that I really like and shipping is so high that I just won't order the fragrance!

I haven't been able to find a single source for fragrances. I tested a ton of fragrances in the last year. I've bought from:
Bramble Berry,
Candle Science,
Flaming Candle,
Fragrance Buddy,
Lone Star,
Maple Street Candle,
Micas and More,
Rustic Escentuals,
Virginia Candle Supply,
and Wholesale Supplies Plus.

When I test my fragrances, I look for fragrances that last at least 6 months in CP and do not rice or seize.
I like to try my fragrances when the 1 ounce samples are around $1 each. This means that I don't try too many from Bramble Berry anymore.
I try a few at a time when WSP puts their fragrances on sale for 30% off. I don't try too many fragrances from WSP because their smallest size is 2 ounces.

Some of the above companies have much better customer service than others. Some provide the IRFA information upfront, with others it is like pulling teeth to get the information. My favorite 2 companies for customer service and long lasting CP fragrances are Candle Science and Micas and More.

With Rustic Escentuals ( and they do a once a year $1 sampler sale) I get very frustrated because their shipping is crazy high. They have ONE fragrance that I really like and shipping is so high that I just won't order the fragrance!

Thanks for the information! I'd love a $1 sampler sale. I'm perfectly willing to buy a larger size but $4 for a dud of a f/o kinda sucks.

I don't have a single source for my fragrances either. I decided when I saw so many companies go out of business and seeing people scrambling to find replacements I would never put all my eggs in one basket. I use Nature's Garden (fast shipping, reasonable shipping), Just Scent, WSP (only when on sale), Nurture Soap, Micas and More, Elements, Fragrance Buddy and a few others. I haven't purchased from Brambleberry in years, takes too long and gotten pretty expensive.

I agree with @Ashleigh, I've never seen FOs with 50% - 60% off. Soapmaking is not the most inexpensive of hobbies, and if you don't sell for regularly for an income stream, not only will you end up having more soap than you know what to do with, you will spend far more than you make. (ask me how I know) But if you aren't in it to make a living or augment your income, think of it as spending money on a hobby you enjoy that is creative and happy-making and gives you something beneficial to boot.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but it's something to think about. Maybe if you don't want to spend a lot, find one supplier for FOs and stick with them. I find shipping costs are one of my biggest pain points, but minimizing the number of suppliers helps on that front. I'm the type that will always add one or two things more to my cart to get free shipping (yeah, I know, they got me), but I'd rather get a few more items for the same cost as less items and shipping.

Thanks for the information! I'd love a $1 sampler sale. I'm perfectly willing to buy a larger size but $4 for a dud of a f/o kinda sucks.

My sentiment EXACTLY!

Maple Street Fragrance - Check their web site because every few months they do a 20 bottle sampler for $26.
(FYI: The orange is delish out of the bottle but was soap on a stick for me in CP)
They list the IFRA for some of their fragrances, but not all. So, you have to check carefully before ordering.
The really big negative is that they list no phone number. If you have a problem, you have to rely on email.
From my experience, EMAIL responses are not their priority. You may or may not get a response.
They do a really good job with Bath and Body Work Dupes.

Fragrance Buddy - They tend to have sales during holidays - Labor Day, Memorial Day, Black Friday, etc. They advertise their sales on Facebook.
They are usually coupon codes for 20 - 25% off and shipping is reasonable.
Their 1 ounce bottles are usually $2.50 - $3.00 reg. So, you won't get a $1 a bottle sale, but it will be a reasonable $2 bottle.
The really good thing about this company is it gets MUCH cheaper per ounce when you step up to an 8 ounce bottle.
So, once you find the scents you like, it runs $10 for an 8 ounce bottle.
Personally, I love that they carry a 4 ounce size option. I am a hobby soapper and this size works best for me!
They do a really good job with LUSH dupes

Candle Science - Twice a year sales. Price is running $1.40 a bottle. The sales are advertised on Facebook and they will email you a heads up if you get on
their email list. The next one will probably be around August / September.
Their sales only lasts a few days and you only get a day or two heads up notice!

INCREDIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Does in-house testing to provide you feed back for the fragrances in CP, before you spend the $$$ on them!
I have more favorite Florals from this company than any other - Yellow Rose, Red Rose (gets better with age),
English Garden ( can accelerate, keep it simple, but the scent is true to OOB and lasts FOREVER!), and
Orange Blossom ( which morphs to more of a gardenia scent when used in CP)

Rustic Escentuals - One Sale a year and shipping is HIGH. It has been $1 per bottle for years. YOU MUST ORDER in increments of 20 during the sale.
Their sale is usually around July. Get on their mailing list. They will email you a heads up. Their sale lasts 4 or 5 days.

I've tried many of their scents and found few to last the in CP. The community put a list of long lasting fragrances together on a thread called
HELP! Need a fragrance suggestions for CP soap
The recommendations for Rustic Escentual were:
Rustic Escentuals (ES) - Redwood, Satsuma, London Fog, Lemon Verbena, Hippie Chick, Tuscan Fields,
Heavenly Honeysuckle, Blue Skies, Oud Wood, Barbershop 1920's,

I am going to add their Birthday Cake to the list.
It discolors to a dark brown and to my nose has more chocolate undertones than plain vanilla. My sample bar is a year old and still smells.

Plus, my Neroli, Calabrian Bergamot & Violet, and Cucumber & Mint testers are 6 to 7 months old and still doing good.
My Icy Peppermint from them is calming down to a nice peppermint at 6 months. Man, this was crazy intense in the beginning.
I think soaping at a lower rate might be recommended for this one!

Now you have options! Get ready to empty your bank account cause the sales will be coming your way soon!

Last edited:
Aztec Candle and Soap Supplies has a sale on right now, 5 samples for $5 (1oz). Limit one per household. I've ordered in the past but haven't got a chance to try them out yet but reviews seem pretty good.

Oh, thank you both, I will be checking out those sales! I've mostly ordered from BB, but they are expensive and for some reason they seem to be discontinuing some of the FO I like.

Thank you so much! I’m gonna check out now!

Aztec Candle and Soap Supplies has a sale on right now, 5 samples for $5 (1oz). Limit one per household. I've ordered in the past but haven't got a chance to try them out yet but reviews seem pretty good.

OMG so I went to try 5 one ounce samples. And then the cheapest shipping option was like $9 :eek:

I think I paid no more than $8 for over 100 ounces of product from my last order (candle science).

All of my FO are from candlescience. The resource on the FO chart we created had a limited number of scent on there since it’s not the most popular company people to get oils from. I guess I will be updating the chart from my experience! Thank you everyone for your suggestions, it is greatly appreciated.

I am good at improvising. The only hiccup is when I want to do a loofah mold and imbed a long piece of loofah. If the batter seizes and gets too thick then it doesn’t go down the long mold. I guess that can be rectified by cutting the loofah and putting them into individual molds... just never know how the FO acts and will have to wing it!

I read that floral are notorious for ricing.
Any other general rules to be aware of like citrus or the baked goods with a lot of vanillin in terms of texture? Thanks!
I buy a lot from Candlescience ( through my NZ supplier). I have updated the FO review chart from time to time with these - but there's a few I've used that are not on there. Happy to let you know if there are any that you're interested in. A couple of theirs I like that I've had no trouble with and are strong/long lasting are Apple Harvest and Love Spell.

CORRECTION:

"Plus, my Neroli, Calabrian Bergamot & Violet, and Cucumber & Mint testers are 6 to 7 months old and still doing good.
My Icy Peppermint from them is calming down to a nice peppermint at 6 months. Man, this was crazy intense in the beginning. "

The Calabrian Bergamot & violet seems to be starting to fade around the 6 month mark. It could just be my nose after smelling the other scents. I've noticed that my nose get go "blind" to some scents after I've smelled some other scents.

The other three - Neroli, Cumcumber & mint, and the Icy Peppermint are still doing well at the 6 to 7 month mark.

I did it! I just bought nearly 200 bucks of FO from maplestreet! excited to try some of their designer lines.

CORRECTION:

"Plus, my Neroli, Calabrian Bergamot & Violet, and Cucumber & Mint testers are 6 to 7 months old and still doing good.
My Icy Peppermint from them is calming down to a nice peppermint at 6 months. Man, this was crazy intense in the beginning. "

The Calabrian Bergamot & violet seems to be starting to fade around the 6 month mark. It could just be my nose after smelling the other scents. I've noticed that my nose get go "blind" to some scents after I've smelled some other scents.

The other three - Neroli, Cumcumber & mint, and the Icy Peppermint are still doing well at the 6 to 7 month mark.

Sniff an onion, coffee or your armpits and your nose should reset itself.

I did it! I just bought nearly 200 bucks of FO from maplestreet! excited to try some of their designer lines.

Just curious, why Maple Street Candle? Maybe I am just a sissy but I would only drop that much at a supplier that I have used their FOs before and with great reviews from Soapers from various scent review boards.

But then like I said, I am not very brave:p

Please let us know how you like the FOs.

The reason why I bought so much was because they where having a sale and it's one flat price for shipping. So instead of paying $9 for 20 one ounce sample I thought it would be a good idea to buy more... then got carried away! I am used to candlescience who only gets sales twice a year and was unsure when this company will get a sale again although I have a feeling its more often than twice a year. Also, I had wrongfully assumed this was a super popular company but when I went to look at the FO review chart I was suprised to see it wasn't listed there!!! loool

Sooo.... I hope maplestreet would be comparable to other companies at least......someone on another forum said their scent was weak. But I ended up buying scents I didn't currently have that I was interested in and didn't mind taking a risk. Will just have to soap cautiously to prevent a soap on a stick surprise like another member mentioned about one of their FO. Time will tell :)

If anyone has experience with maplestreet then let me know! Reassurance would be greatly appreciated. I didn't recieved my package in the mail yet to get he OOB experience yet.

The reason why I bought so much was because they where having a sale and it's one flat price for shipping. So instead of paying $9 for 20 one ounce sample I thought it would be a good idea to buy more... then got carried away! I am used to candlescience who only gets sales twice a year and was unsure when this company will get a sale again although I have a feeling its more often than twice a year. Also, I had wrongfully assumed this was a super popular company but when I went to look at the FO review chart I was suprised to see it wasn't listed there!!! loool

Sooo.... I hope maplestreet would be comparable to other companies at least......someone on another forum said their scent was weak. But I ended up buying scents I didn't currently have that I was interested in and didn't mind taking a risk. Will just have to soap cautiously to prevent a soap on a stick surprise like another member mentioned about one of their FO. Time will tell :)

If anyone has experience with maplestreet then let me know! Reassurance would be greatly appreciated. I didn't recieved my package in the mail yet to get he OOB experience yet.

All the best! :)

Let us know what you think OOB and when you soap them.

Latest posts

Back