sale on scent

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
someone posted a good sale on fragrance today, now i cant find it, anyone know?
just rmembered, heaven scent!! brain fart. :wink:

F/O's vs E/Os

Okay, so I went into town today to pick up supplies from the local Soap Shop and they were having a sale on some clearance FO's.
But I think I've become an elitist.
I just couldn't get over the fact that the fragrance oils aren't pure.
Well, yes, I know they are pure, but they aren't real, I have a hard time describing it, there are lots of lovely scents but they are just missing something. They smell dead where EO's smell alive. And I feel like the FO's are somehow vacuous. They are a vapour of the real thing.
Am I a git or do others feel this way?

Re: F/O's vs E/Os

Jeremy said:
Okay, so I went into town today to pick up supplies from the local Soap Shop and they were having a sale on some clearance FO's.
But I think I've become an elitist.
I just couldn't get over the fact that the fragrance oils aren't pure.
Well, yes, I know they are pure, but they aren't real, I have a hard time describing it, there are lots of lovely scents but they are just missing something. They smell dead where EO's smell alive. And I feel like the FO's are somehow vacuous. They are a vapour of the real thing.
Am I a git or do others feel this way?

I like both, too spendy to put eo in soap, for me anyway.

Yeah, I hear you on the cost of EO's. I am finding that my EO's going in are not the EO's coming out, and anyway I take it back. Just unmolded my Milk Chocolate Mint bar and it smells incredible.
I'm back on the FO track.

EO's have their place. As do FO's. I was on such a natural kick when I first started, but then after getting my FO's in I'm a little more relaxed about it now. I use my EO's for aromatherapy & other uses. Not in my soaps, they're just too expensive IMO. My dear friend, however uses them in all of her soaps, which are exclusively M&P. I think they tend to last longer in the M&P.

Latest posts

Back