Safety Assessments for CP in UK

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceri

Reaction score
Hi All,

Has anyone used a safety assessor they'd recommend for CP soap & general bath products please?

I'm tempted by this one http://www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com ... php?p=1_32 and it seems a good deal. The Chemist who does them has offered to include assessment on 2 CP base recipes for free which is great for me as budget is everything. I believe the safety assessment is a list of certified safe ingredients and % inclusions to allow the most flexibility in recipes, is this standard?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm new to all this so don't know what to expect.

:wink:

Hey there!
I used 'The World of Moulds' route. However, since doing this, the soapkitchen, Gracefruit and others are now offering SA services.

retropants said:
Hey there!
I used 'The World of Moulds' route. However, since doing this, the soapkitchen, Gracefruit and others are now offering SA services.

Hi retropants,

thanks for your reply, I've seen these too but they seem to be more expensive overall if I go for bath products, bombs, creams & lotions etc as well, where as the other one includes a really good range of product types and will do 2 CP soaps for free!, I am always tempted by a bargain, just wondered if it may end up a false economy. :wink:

Ceri said:
Hi All,

Has anyone used a safety assessor they'd recommend for CP soap & general bath products please?

I'm tempted by this one http://www.cosmeticsafetyassessment.com ... php?p=1_32 and it seems a good deal. The Chemist who does them has offered to include assessment on 2 CP base recipes for free which is great for me as budget is everything. I believe the safety assessment is a list of certified safe ingredients and % inclusions to allow the most flexibility in recipes, is this standard?

Sorry for the 20 questions, I'm new to all this so don't know what to expect.

:wink:

I'm going to be using this guy, and I can tell you that his prices are very reasonable, and he's incredibly helpful of you have any questions :D

Hi Ceri!
That is quite a good package being offered! I have endless CP/HP recipes for one price with my SA. I am very happy with it. I am however, very tempted by this multi product assessment, as I do make a huge range of different things, but at the moment I can only sell soap, even to friends. Lots of people want my shampoo bars, but I still have to give them away or barter! Unfortunately, I do not have £289 lying around to pay for it!. Time to start saving I guess. Thanks for the link. :)

Hi Simplyangelic & retropants,

I haven't seen a better offer anywhere else, and as you say simplyangelic, he is really helpful, and he offered me the 2 extra CP SA's for free!! (would usually be another £50 each) I know what you mean about the overall price in one go, but I think it might be worth it. Once you start to add up all the separate costs other places offer on other bath and beauty product SA's it mounts up really quickly.

Good luck to both of you, sounds like we are all at a similar stage...exciting isn't it!!

I've got a little bit more recipe tweaking to do and then I think I'll go for it...

:D

Hey Ceri

Yes, it is very exciting. I'm just making the final adjustments to my various recipes before I enter the dog eat dog world of retailing my soaps, but very much looking forward to taking the plunge 8)

I was terrified of the costs initially, but the SA's with Scott make it far more affordable, with a wide range of possibilities.

Good luck with your new venture :mrgreen:

Simplyangelic said:
Hey Ceri

Yes, it is very exciting. I'm just making the final adjustments to my various recipes before I enter the dog eat dog world of retailing my soaps, but very much looking forward to taking the plunge 8)

I was terrified of the costs initially, but the SA's with Scott make it far more affordable, with a wide range of possibilities.

Good luck with your new venture :mrgreen:

Me too, just a few last tweaks and Juuuuump!! I can't wait to get going properly. I'm working full time so everything seems to be taking aaages due to the limited time I can dedicate to everything I really want to be doing.

Best of luck to ya :D

Yep, I'm with you there! Working full time, really does impede a hobby's progress!
I did my first craft show in December, it went really well. I am booked into another for June, then hopefully I'll get my website working properly. It has had 'coming soon' on the front page for far too long!
Good luck with your endeavours!

eta: I am taking the slow but sure route!

I'm sure we'll all get there in the end :O) Well done retropants for your first show under your belt, once I have my SA's in place I'm looking to get some places booked in too, can't wait. Good luck for your June one too, I hope it goes really well for you.

Back