Rustic Lodge FO

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
I got a sample of Rustic Lodge FO from Rustic Escentuals. I used it in a small batch of CP soap recently. After it cured for a couple weeks the color darkened so I looked up the info on it and it says it is NOT body safe. ??? I did not realize they would send a sample in a soap supplies order that was not intended for use with soap. I have never ordered anything but soap supplies from them. They have not answered my email and I tried to call but got the voicemail.

My question is, do I have to throw this away? I'm embarrassed to even ask but I don't know what to do with it. Thank you for your help!

If it is not skin safe, I would not ...... it could irritate the skin or cause an allergic reaction. I think the difference in FOs between safe and not safe for skin is the solvent they use, glycol? Some are not approved for cosmetics, but perhaps will not really harm you.

I know there are fine ladies here that know about chemistry, I am sure they can explain better.

You can try it on yourself and see if it is ok..... Is it a big batch? If it does not hurt your skin it might be ok, but I would not sell them. I think is on the lines of using food color in soap.

Personally I have never order from them. I know they have these samples thing, but I find their shipping so high.

SunRise thank you for your response. I could try them on myself. Just surprised they would send a non-skin safe FO in a soap supply order. It was a small batch (4 bars, 16 oz of oil) so not a huge loss at all, now I'm starting to wonder if I have ever used any of their other samples and they were not skin safe?

oh boy, always check the labels..... don't you pick your own samples there, or do they pick them for you? Because if you pick them, they will say they are not responsible....

One time BB did not send the sample they usually send, and they were kind enough to send me one! I think their customer service is great, but is not really the norm out there.

Latest posts

Back