Rustic escentuals annual scent event

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From top left to to right - Salty Sea Air, Awapuhi Seaberry, Cloverfields & Aloe, Lower row left to right - Oakmoss Sage, Sea Grass & Sand Dunes, White Sage. Salty Sea Air accelerates and RICES, does discolor and gels fairly quickly. It has a clean scent in soap with hardly any "sea" to it. Awapuhi Seaberry gels fairly quickly - no A or D. Has a somewhat berry wine type fragrance with a hint of fermentation to it. Cloverfields & Aloe accelerates quickly but no D. The scent in soap is very faint. Majestic Mountain Sage has a much better version of this. This one also gels fairly quickly. Oakmoss Sage is one I think I might soap with again. It did discolor but there was no acceleration. Turns a mauve color. Nice oakmoss scent tempered with sage. Sea Grass & Sand Dunes did not A and discolors to a medium beige. This one isn't very strong. White Sage was easy to soap - no A or D. The sage is there but it's not very strong.

rustic1.jpg

Last edited:
Top left to right: Green Pumpkin, Earl Grey & Apple, Cuban Tobacco. Lower left to right: Sage & Sweet Grass, Ocean Breeze, Sea Kelp. Green Pumpkin was an easy one to soap - no A or ricing. It does go through gel and discolors to a light green. This is an unusual fragrance oil that's hard to pin down. Today I smell a lot of grapefruit in it - it's nice though and not overpowering. Earl Grey & Apple accelerates and does discolor. Turns a dark beige/brown color. OOB the apple is prominent but in soap you get more of the tea. Cuban Tobacco discolors to a beige color and gels. It's lost any semblance of tobacco at this point - I get spice and vanilla. Sage & Sweet Grass discolors to an olive/beige color and goes through gel. It's a nice low-key sweet grass blend. Ocean Breeze did not go through gel and there was no A or D. OOB I get the ocean, in soap it doesn't change much. Sea Kelp went through partial gel. No A or D. I get kelp - not sure this one would appeal to too many people.

rustic2.jpg

If you missed out on Rustic Essentials 1 oz sale I have a double up coupon for Aztec that's good until the end of the month. They have their regular 5 for $5 deal again but I have a code for an additional 5 for $5 if anyone is interested in trying their stuff. It's RampUp and you enter it after you've loaded up your cart with 10 FO's. The August code is 82018 and you also get a Free 1 oz FO for every 8 oz or 16 oz bottle of FO you buy from them. It's a great way to test out if you like them and shipping is reasonable as well.
Great deal and very reasonable shipping Thanks!

I ordered Bird of Paradise, not realizing at the time that the recommended usage is .5%. So, I haven't soaped it, but I have used it in a lotion and bubble bath. At .5%, it is super strong! But, for anyone who might be interested in using this for surfactant based products, the FO really thickened the mixture- more water may be required.
It is a fresh, fruity smell- strawberry, coconut, and maybe banana. It smells like a smoothie to me.

IMG_1045.jpg
I was at their open house on Friday. My job was to test a few new FOs in a pound of soap so they could have notes for the website. And I end up answering loads of questions for non-soapers or helping people trouble shoot.
IMG_1042.jpg
IMG_1043.jpg

I was astonished at the number of people there who didn’t make soap at all.
Carol in SC

Back