Rustic escentuals annual scent event

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would normally agree but I havent been disappointed with my main supplier yet. I would likely start with a 4 ounce bottle of a few first.
I think you said you are using Fragrance Buddy, and the few I've tried from there have been very good. I was just saying that the "Lemon Twist" from one supplier won't be the same as the "Lemon Twist" from another. Four ounces isn't so much if you end up not liking something - I thought you meant you were going all in with 8 oz or larger sizes.

I just ordered. Squeeeee! So excited, but I did have to pay more shipping than I usually would. $15.68 to Colorado ::winced a little:: But that was 3 day air, which costs a hair more than ground. Gosh I bet I would pay more if I ordered the same 20 samples from brambleberry and she's A LOT closer to Colorado than RE. I guess I don't understand why that would be.

I think you said you are using Fragrance Buddy, and the few I've tried from there have been very good. I was just saying that the "Lemon Twist" from one supplier won't be the same as the "Lemon Twist" from another. Four ounces isn't so much if you end up not liking something - I thought you meant you were going all in with 8 oz or larger sizes.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't go bigger until I compared the two. I was talking about some of the more common combinations that I haven't committed to trying yet.

One of my favs from FB is love spell. Best version I've tried and the fragrance sticks.

I forgot all about this because we're going to the beach....just got my order in at the last second! I randomly selected some scents from the body safe list, so we'll see....Everyone keep us updated on any winners. Hopefully, I can get back to reviewing FOs on the review spreadsheet.

Impressions OOB

Favs:
Blue Summer Sky - Nice powdery scent
Awapuhi Seaberry - Smells just like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo
Oatmeal Milk and Honey - Best version Ive ever boughten
Green Tea and Willow - Earthy, reminds me a little of white tea and cactus. Gonna be a keeper
Oakmoss Sage - Very clean, True to its name. Def unisex scent. Is very dark in the bottle
Blackberry sage - Fruity with woodsy undertone. Love it

Not My Favs:
Honey and Apricot - Disappointed. All honey. So over powering you cant smell the apricot. not a fan of straight honey.
White Sage - I had hope for this one and it might smell better when its used. It smells like sage but then the chemical smell hits you.
Blue Lagoon - Almost non existent scent.
White Linen - smells exactly like the dollar store version
Lovely - reminds me of a really old perfume

Others:
Flannel Sheets - smells like Downy. Will use in laundry soap
Summer Breeze - Really good Gain Dup
White Pumpkin and Lilac - I am not a fan of pumpkin at all but my customers like it. Can def smell pumpkin with a floral bottom note. Not over powering and I think will sell well
Cool Water - True to name

The others are all interesting but more of a "hey ill have to try it" way

I caved and bought the 20...took a while to check out the reviews for each. I have tried hard not to buy any new fo's this year - I quit doing wholesale, consignment and most shows so that I could have my life back :) For fun, I checked out the old scent review board and then compared it to what the website reviews had to say and they're pretty much spot on as far as acceleration and discoloration is concerned. Years ago I took advantage of the 20 for $20 but didn't find much that I liked so I'm hopeful that there will be a few good ones in the batch. I also ordered some beige and yellow lip balm caps as I had been out for awhile but couldn't justify the shipping cost for them so thank you Zany for the heads-up!

msunnerstood-unless you are using these for bath and body products, vs soap, hold off on judging OOB-I find that they do smell differently when soaped :). That goes for every supplier I've used so far, and I do HP which isn't supposed to alter the scent *that* much I was told...:)

Feel free to add reviews to this thread : https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/rustic-escentuals-fragrance-reviews.60873/
the more the merrier!

msunnerstood-unless you are using these for bath and body products, vs soap, hold off on judging OOB-I find that they do smell differently when soaped :). That goes for every supplier I've used so far, and I do HP which isn't supposed to alter the scent *that* much I was told...:)

Feel free to add reviews to this thread : https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/rustic-escentuals-fragrance-reviews.60873/
the more the merrier!
Yep that's why I specified OOB.
I soaped with Awapuhi Seaberry and it was amazing

If you missed out on Rustic Essentials 1 oz sale I have a double up coupon for Aztec that's good until the end of the month. They have their regular 5 for $5 deal again but I have a code for an additional 5 for $5 if anyone is interested in trying their stuff. It's RampUp and you enter it after you've loaded up your cart with 10 FO's. The August code is 82018 and you also get a Free 1 oz FO for every 8 oz or 16 oz bottle of FO you buy from them. It's a great way to test out if you like them and shipping is reasonable as well.

I made a batch with Winter Linen today and I have had 8 people come in my house saying what smells so good? :)
I hope it stays the same through curing!

I've soaped 12 samples so far... Oakmoss Sage, Salty Sea Air, Sea Grass & Sand Dunes, White Sage, Clover Fields & Aloe, Awapuhi Seaberry, Sage & Sweetgrass, Green Pumpkin, Ocean Breeze, Earl Grey & Apple, Cuban Tobacco and Sea Kelp. I used 1 lb. silicone molds and haven't cut them into individual bars yet so I've got 12 blocks of soap residing in my guest bedroom closet. Today I caught a big whiff of one of them as I was walking in the room and it smelled so good but I haven't a clue which one it is (and I'm hoping that it's not a combination of them).

I made a batch with Winter Linen today and I have had 8 people come in my house saying what smells so good? :)
I hope it stays the same through curing!
I have that one. What colors did you use? Just curious. In my mind, it's showing up as bright white.

D53EE013-7067-4A42-AEC1-6566144D995E.jpeg
I just cut Winter Linen and it still smells great!

Latest posts

Back