Russian piping tips in soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycoke216

Reaction score
This is my first time using it in my soaps. After tons and tons of the cake decorating videos, I just have to buy it and use it in soap.
The loaf is Rose Russian piping tip and usual drop flower piping tip which I hope will look like pink and purple hydrangeas.

And this is what I called " either diarrhea or constipation for Russian piping tips " in Terry E's exquisite bear tallow / raspberry photo thread. Or maybe just that I'm kinda slow, so I can not piping as quick as others do. The perfect time frame is quite short, shorter than regular piping tips. Will the REAL Russian piping tips guru PLEASE STAND UP!!! ( I mean, besides Terry E's beautiful work )

It's 4 am here, and I just couldn't find the loaf cut picture now. Will edit it later after I got some sleep.

This is my first time sharing photos here, if my files gets too large, please let me know. ;)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1483819570.958875.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1483819644.642304.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1483819912.208396.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think the flowers looks pretty magnificent, and I was surprised that this was your first time doing them. I especially love the color variation on the rose petals - great job!

Thank you for your kind words!

As you can see, the blobs of Rose in the middle of the loaf is what I called diarrhea, at the end of the loaf & heart shaped ones are the constipation Rose that is taking all my strength to piped out.
Hope my experience will show you the way how it is not supposed to be, and grant you all the success in Russian piping tips.

The loaf one is scented with save on scents California Rain ( ultra concentrate), sweet orange EO, & bergamot EO ( both New Directions Australia)
SOS California Rain gave me a soap in a bag ( stuck in piping bag ) but this recipe is filled with hard oils, so I'm not quite sure which one is the culprit.
So it become a confetti soap, hence the combo of citrus EO.
And it seized, so I have to let the piping part and some soap RIDE ON the green / beige soap.

The heart shaped one is scented with brambleberry Baby rose. Piping flower part contains sweet orange & bergamot EO as above.

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1483989038.484701.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1483989110.915016.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1483989163.048479.jpgImageUploadedBySoap Making1483989209.598417.jpg

Ah! I do have a question, here in Taiwan, hobby shops sell some liquid dye and claim it's only for soap. Which looks like brambleberry and other suppliers' lab color. The liquid dye here tends to bleeds/ blur, like the red color in cut soap. Does lab color over USA or other countries bleed?
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I can't help with the question about liquid dyes, and I STILL think the roses look fantastic (!), but just today I was reading this blog post at Lovin Soap Studio where she had asked her readers for soaping tips. One of her readers submitted the following tip, which you may find interesting for future piping endeavors:

"OK, here’s my tip for this week: I made soaps for Christmas using a gingerbread house mold and needed to make piping for the “frosting” part. I made a tiny batch of castile soap (switching the soap calc to grams for accuracy) with a deep water discount, slightly more water than lye (1.2 parts water to 1 part lye.) I was delighted to discover that not only did the tiny batch of soap thicken up to a perfect consistency for piping, but it also stayed at that same consistency for about 2 hours – plenty of time to get all that piping done without having to rush through it. I just waited long enough for the lye water to turn clear, I used it HOT. Making the tiny batch only took minutes to make, no melting oils or waiting for lye water to cool. – Kathy White"

I'm sorry I can't help with the question about liquid dyes, and I STILL think the roses look fantastic (!), but just today I was reading this blog post at Lovin Soap Studio where she had asked her readers for soaping tips. One of her readers submitted the following tip, which you may find interesting for future piping endeavors:

"OK, here’s my tip for this week: I made soaps for Christmas using a gingerbread house mold and needed to make piping for the “frosting” part. I made a tiny batch of castile soap (switching the soap calc to grams for accuracy) with a deep water discount, slightly more water than lye (1.2 parts water to 1 part lye.) I was delighted to discover that not only did the tiny batch of soap thicken up to a perfect consistency for piping, but it also stayed at that same consistency for about 2 hours – plenty of time to get all that piping done without having to rush through it. I just waited long enough for the lye water to turn clear, I used it HOT. Making the tiny batch only took minutes to make, no melting oils or waiting for lye water to cool. – Kathy White"

That's a little gem you just post. Very precious wisdom. And thanks again for you sweet comment. ;)

I have been eyeing the russian tips for awhile (for cake decorating and soap) and I have to say, this looks pretty awesome to me!

I have been eyeing the russian tips for awhile (for cake decorating and soap) and I have to say, this looks pretty awesome to me!

Come to the Russian piping tips' side, we have flowers!!!

Buy it. Seriously. I'm not a girly girl, but I like flowers,& I'm in love with these piping tips. It just takes some YouTube videos watching and a reliable recipe,& some serious practices.

Back