Rubbing Alcohol 😅

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I made my first batch of lavender soap today but I forgot to spritz some rubbing alcohol on it. I know that there's possibility of soda ash build up, will that occur too if I immediately placed my soap in the refrigerator? Is there any relation to that?
IMG_20201208_160537.jpg

I made my first batch of lavender soap today but I forgot to spritz some rubbing alcohol on it. I know that there's possibility of soda ash build up, will that occur too if I immediately placed my soap in the refrigerator? Is there any relation to that?View attachment 52241

Beautiful color!

I made my first batch of lavender soap today but I forgot to spritz some rubbing alcohol on it. I know that there's possibility of soda ash build up, will that occur too if I immediately placed my soap in the refrigerator? Is there any relation to that?View attachment 52241
Update! I placed my soap in the fridge immediately after this photo was taken. The gel phase was suppressed although that was not my intention. Below is the photo of the soap after I cut it.
IMG_20201212_111904.jpg

Back