Rubber Ducky Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenmarie82

Reaction score
I just made my very first rubber ducky soap..the one with the actual rubber ducky sitting on a pond. It turned out really well. I will post pics when i get them.

ducky.jpg
[/img]

How to do the duck

Please tell me how to go about doing this duck on a pond? I have 3 grandkids and would love to try this. So cute. Thanks Cassy

Re: How to do the duck

cassy said:
Please tell me how to go about doing this duck on a pond? I have 3 grandkids and would love to try this. So cute. Thanks Cassy

Re: How to do the duck

cassy said:

There is a video on youtube that shows you how to make them. It's from Go Planet Earth. Sorry, I don't have the link but type in rubber duck soaps. Hope that helps! :D

Oh I see, thanks so much. Maybe I should buy mine from you LOL. Not sure I can handle this one???? :roll:

Yeah, I used the coloring you get in the store...I feel bad though because i wanted to stay away from it but it is pretty.

Dagmar, thanks for the tut. I have never done the melt and pour I do RTCP. I want to do this for the kids how fun. :D

cassy said:
Dagmar, thanks for the tut. I have never done the melt and pour I do RTCP. I want to do this for the kids how fun. :D

How old are the kids? M&P is so easy they could do it with you, with some help, if they are old enough. The soap is hot, but like I said with help if they are old enough it would be a fun project.

They are two boys 1 and 5 and one girl who is two. Maybe the 5 year old? I have been out around town rounding up everthing I could find to try this soap. Do I need to put vaseline in the mold or grease them some how? I have some plastic molds I found that would work for the pond an I have never done melt and pour? Thanks.

Yo do not have to grease the mold, just make sure it is a bit flexible. You turn the mold upside down & wiggle it to & fro to break the vacuum seal & it should pop right out. A trick to unmolding also is to pop it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. The cold will make the soap shrink ever so slightly. When you remove it from the freezer the plastic expands w/ heat & the soap should pop out real easy.

Back