RTCP.... A question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stepibarra

Reaction score
Ok, so the question is when you use the rtcp method does your soap gel?
The reason I am asking is since I have started using this method mine doesn't. I use wood molds and insulate yet there is never a gel.....HMMM

my soaps have always gelled, and it didn't matter what kind of mold i used. Sometimes it takes a few hours to start the process but they always go through a full gel. But I have put my molds directly into the fridge upon pouring to prevent it from going through a gel and that works great. (But that was done on purpose to avoid the gel process.)

But I have a friend who is new to RTCP soap making and she had her first batch not gel on her. It was really weird, since it was in a cardboard box for a mold, but she did insulate it well with towels. But the finished product did turn out great.

Mine always gel and actually I have to put the mold under a ceiling fan to stop it from over heating. But I do a use a homemade sugar/salt solution and that contributes to the heat...

My RTCP does gel, always, I lay my wooden mold on a towel, wrap it all around with a bunch of big bath towels, and blankets, it starts to gel in about 5 hrs.

Latest posts

Back