Router Bits for Soap Beveling? (video)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hungryhawaiian

Reaction score
Dean posted about a rounded edge beveler and it got me thinking.... In addition to soap making, I’m also a woodworker. I’ve beveled wood edges with my router so why wouldn’t that work on soap?

Well as it turns out, it did work!

I used my drill press, attached a router bit, adjusted the higher of the platform and attached an hdpe sheet to it for easy sliding.

IMG_4171.JPG
IMG_4179.JPG
IMG_4178.JPG
IMG_4172.JPG

When I do more, I’m going to attached a partition to catch all the shavings so I can put it to use elsewhere.

Cool.. Interesting shape too.

Now I bet you're off to pick bits of soap off your hair lols

Buahahahaha! Nope, I have a plastic face shield helmet... plus I’m so tall that at best the bits hit my chest/tummy. [emoji57]

Try again. I had issues with some really bad comments on imgur so I was trying to block comments there. I may have blocked it on accident, but I made it public again.

I’m pretty sure you can upload things to imgur and not submit them to the gallery.

a veggie peeler is way easier, simpler and less messy. Plus no electricity.
Plus you can do it while watching a movie or something
I can use these tools just as easily and get the nice *rounded* edges I prefer.

Try again. I had issues with some really bad comments on imgur so I was trying to block comments there. I may have blocked it on accident, but I made it public again.
Thank you, can see it now!
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] I aim to please! Or at least to make my life easier... lol
I love it! Power tool overkill but nice results!

Latest posts

Back