Round Waterproof Labels?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trish

Reaction score
K, well i decided to try my hand at lip balms and have had really nice success, my problem is that now i can't find 1.5" round inkjet labels to put on my metal pots, everyone seems to be selling 1.67" rounds, also do they have to be waterproof? I'm afraid the ink will smear if i just use the ordinary one's. Looking for a canadian supplier.

Online labels has excellent products; I order from them all the time. However, I wanna let you know that their inkjet "waterproof" labels are not waterproof or oil proof. I used them to label some of my scrubs and body washes and the ink ran off .. I haven't tried the poly. laser labels, but will soon and I'll let you know how they work out.

Hey Beachgurl, I'm sorry to hear that you have problems with the watrproof online labels, i just took one of my missprints from my liquid soap labels and ran it under hot water and rubbed it really well and there is no smearing or running of the ink, maybe there is a problem with the kind of ink u use. Also thanks for the acrylic spray tip, i think i,ll try that for my lip balm labels.

I use the water resistant inkjet labels from Onlinelabels. I've had no problems with water, even run them through the dishwasher. They do fade some, but no smudging, still very legible.

Now oil is different, it will sometimes smudge them. I do put an acrylic spray on them, but sometimes they still smudge . . . and sometimes not (so much for consistency).

Here's the biggest difference I've noticed - I used to do my labels on the "best" setting on my printer - and to my naked eye, they looked very nice. But in reality, not all of the ink was absorbing, so these labels were more likely to smudge.

I now do my labels on the "normal" setting, and they smudge much less because not as much ink is deposited onto the label.

I have purchased the 1.5 round labels from Online labels, but I got the poly ones for laserjet. They are wonderful and I've had no problems with smearing ink or fading. I highly recommend that website and you can use the Maestro label designer for free after purchasing. That label designer has been a godsend when trying to get round labels lined up.

i have heard that you can use a white candle and "color" lightly on top of the label to make them water proof.

Back