Round Confetti Soap - pic intensive

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LisaMarie said:
These are so cool! Will you bevel them or leave them as is? I love how they came out :)
I thought I was going to bevel them but never got around to it and they are on my curing rack now, so probably just leave them. Clean up the ragged edges a little bit, but not a full bevel. :)

jcandleattic! I love those!

I make confetti soaps with my trimmings too. I like using Fruity Rings (Froot Loop) FO from NG. Would you mind terribly much if I borrowed your idea of using the PVC pipe? I just adore that look. Reminds me of a bowl of cereal with little bits of broken cereal floating around in it. It's perfect for Fruity Rings! 8)

Stacey said:
jcandleattic! I love those!

I make confetti soaps with my trimmings too. I like using Fruity Rings (Froot Loop) FO from NG. Would you mind terribly much if I borrowed your idea of using the PVC pipe? I just adore that look. Reminds me of a bowl of cereal with little bits of broken cereal floating around in it. It's perfect for Fruity Rings! 8)
I don't mind you usuing pvc for your confetti. Trust me I'm sure I'm not the first to do it and def not the last!
I'm just glad it inspired someone. :)
I love it, and fruity scents for this type of soap are the best IMO. :)

using pvc for soap molds...

I think somene mentioned that if you put it in the freezer for a few hours that will loosen the soap from the pvc. I've not used pvc but have used Pringle potato chip containers and then after the set just peeled them off...works like a charm...down side is that you have to get your friends to save the containers for you or eat a few boxes of pringles.... lol...
jer :lol:.....
PS...to calc the volume of the pringle can ...its...3.14 x radius squared x the height...

jcandleattic! Thanks! Indeed you have inspired me!

I've used PVC before too. I just thought your soap looked so much like a bowl of cereal that I wanted to borrow/copy the idea for the Fruity Rings FO.

Jessirebq:

I lined my PVC pipes with freezer paper. But you have tape the flap of the paper down. (Tape the freezer paper to itself.) Otherwise when you pour, the batter will turn/fold the paper and you'll get leakage. Don't ask me how I know... :oops:

Then you can just carefully pull on the paper to get the soap out. "Carefully" is the optimal word here. Don't pull so hard as you'll rip the paper.

My DH made me a plunger type deal with a round disk that fits inside the tube. Then I just push if it's too stubborn. I've also froze mine and then ran a little hot water over the mold.

I've also heard that you can use a lightly coating of mineral oil on the PVC. But I haven't tried that.

One thing that's great about PVC pipe soaps is that you can use just regular coffee filters to wrap them in. The 3 inch diameter is just the right size for the filters. They look totally cool.

jessirebq said:
Very pretty soaps!

I have one question: How do you get the soap out of the tube?
All I did was wait until it was in the mold for about 18 hours, then placed it in the freezer for about 2 hours, took it out and let it set for about 20 minutes, then it just popped right out. Let it sit and warm up to room temp and then cut it.
This was the first time using this mold, but I'm sure once I use it often enough, it will "season" and freezing may not even be necessary. :)

Stacey said:
jcandleattic! Thanks! Indeed you have inspired me!

I've used PVC before too. I just thought your soap looked so much like a bowl of cereal that I wanted to borrow/copy the idea for the Fruity Rings FO.
Ohhh! :)
yes, confetti soap is fun and gives a great effect. :)

What would "white" oil be? I am thinking: coconut oil, shortening, castor, what other clear/white type? The others I can think of are green or yellow. :rolleyes: Thanks.

What would "white" oil be? I am thinking: coconut oil, shortening, castor, what other clear/white type? The others I can think of are green or yellow. :rolleyes: Thanks.
Even though this thread is over 6 years old, I'm still here, so I'll answer. Lard, palm, PKO are other whiter oils.

Back