Round #2, better!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Well, my wife told me that I needed to give my Peppermint/Lavender bars another shot since yesterdays were a little rough and not pretty enough. Here is mine from today, I think a little better. The green swirl showes up better under this lighting than the lavender swirls do. :?

In the mold right before removing;
saltbarslavenderpeppermint006.jpg

All 12 bars stacked and ready to bevel;
saltbarslavenderpeppermint009.jpg

Paul... :wink:

those look amazing paul! I can totally see the purple and green swirls! What beautiful work really great!

Awesome soap!!!!!

I have two questions. Do you bevel the soap right away or do you wait till it is harder or completely cured. After all I will be owning a shaver/beveler in the not too distant future.

I guess I only have one question. That's it.

Laurie said:
Awesome soap!!!!!

I have two questions. Do you bevel the soap right away or do you wait till it is harder or completely cured. After all I will be owning a shaver/beveler in the not too distant future.

I guess I only have one question. That's it.

Laurie, I tend to bevel within a few hours after unmolding the bars from my slab mold. I use a different type beveler than I sell at etsy for my salt bars. I made a beveler up out of a melon baller. I took a file and filed a grove in the round, bottom part of the mellon baller and "pull" the baller down each side a time or two. This makes a nice "rounded" edge and I like the looks better. I need to find a source for melon baller at a reasonable rate and put them on my etsy site! I love the way it works so much better than the other 2 bevelers I make and sell. :shock:

Paul.. :)

pretty pretty! Aren't you glad you listened to your wife? :D

I Love my melon baller beveler!

Ooh, those look great!!

I *love* peppermint/lavender. I've never been a big lavender fan, but mixed with peppermint it's fantastic.

Wow! those are so cool. Very nice Job Paul. Another work of art.

Latest posts

Back