Rosewater and Pistachio?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhelen

Reaction score
I want to make a CP soap inspired by the Arabic sweet Layali Lubnan which is flavoured with rosewater and topped with pistachios. Can I use rosewater for my lye solution, and would you recommend just a small amount with regular water or could I use pure rosewater for the lye? Or a rosewater and milk combination? Also for the pistachio, I don't really want to use ground pistachios for exfoliation, I prefer a smooth bar, but is there such a thing as pistachio essential oil? Or is there a way to infuse the oil and still get the scent coming through? Sorry for so many questions but I am a newbie and don't want to ruin loads of batches if I can help it!

You could use all rosewater or a combination of rosewater and a milk or water. As for a pistachio scent no it won't carry through the process infusing pistachios in a liquid. You would have to use a FO for that particular smell.

Thanks. I will experiment using essential oils, if I can find pistachio.

You may have better luck making a lotion or lotion bar with rose water (or rose EO) and pistachio oil. Yes, Rose EO is very very expensive, but a tiny bit will go a looong way in a lotion or lotion bar, vs in a CP soap that will just gobble it up.

For a more economical natural rose scent, I like Rose Geranium EO. I grow roses, and I learned one trick to make a wonderfully-fragrant rose bouquet is to use rose generanium leaves as well as roses.

bhelen, my mother used to make that and it was so delicious! I can smell and taste the pistachio-rosewater combination just reading your post. I'd give anything for a recipe with both scents that works. Please let us know what you come up with!

Latest posts

Back