Roses are pink!!!!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khanjari

Reaction score
Rose soap

Melt and pour soap with dried petals! !!! Hope you guys like it :)

1399780865301.jpg

1399780902862.jpg

So nice, I haven't tried melt and pour yet, does that need to cure too?

Thanks guys. Can the discoloration be prevented when making the soap? Or even when drying the petals?

So nice, I haven't tried melt and pour yet, does that need to cure too?

Thank you Norden!

I have heard that the MP base when made is already cured so when you make MP soaps, they are ready to use once hardened!!!

I love the transparency of them, it's quite beautiful. Also a plus that you can use them right away.

I don't think so but I don't use flower petals in soap. I once read calendula is the only flower that doesn't brown. Perhaps someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I have left some calendula petals too. I am going to try those too!!!! I will definitely post here when I make it.

Also, my mother in law told me when drying the petals that if you spray hair spray on the petals and then allow it to dry, they won't discolor! I have not yet tried that technique so can't tell if it will work.

I'd be interested in knowing if the hair spray works. The soaps are beautiful. I've also read that the only flower petal that doesn't turn is calendula.

I have used calendula flowers in my soaps and the colour stays true! I grow them and press them myself x

Very pretty. I don't use botanicals in my soaps as I don't like them laying my tub. But, calendula does stay a really nice color in soap as I did try it once. I know a lot of botanicals turn brown.

Back