Rosemary Mint

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott312

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have not make my first batch of soap yet.
I am looking for a Rosemary Mint CP recipe.
Just want a plan bar soap. No hard herbs or vegetation added :)
Just the oils for flavor :) something like that I guess.

Thank you

I use a 50:50 blend of rosemary and spearmint essential oils for my soap. It is one of my more popular blends.

Hmm, oils for flavor, eh? You can't go wrong with garlic and beef stock with a lamb tallow soap j/k. You can get Now essential oils to get you started. Getting a small vial of each will be good for two batches since 1oz of essential oil(s) is needed per pound of oils. just find a basic recipe and remember it is suggested you keep the coconut oil down to a modest 20% or less. Of course, if you're interested in coming to the "dark" side, you could start off with a lard soap... :)

Last edited:
Hmm, oils for flavor, eh?YOu can't go wrong with garlic if beef stock with a lamb tallow soap j/k. You can get Now essential oils to get you started. Getting a small vial of each will be good for two batches since 1oz of essential oil(s) is needed per pound of oils. just find a basic recipe and remember it is suggested you keep the coconut oil down to a modest 20% or less. Of course, if you're interested in coming to the "dark" side, you could start off with a lard soap... :)

lol Arimara the Lard "Pusher". I love that little parting hint there.. GO LARD!:)

We would state the obvious!
Get thee to a soap calculator like soapcalc or soapee.com and learn to use it - theres a sticky in the beginners forum on how to use them.
A recipe we all love goes something like:
50-65% lard
20-30% Olive oil (or rice bran oil, or sweet almond oil)
10-20% Coconut oil
5% castor

5% superfat

And I like a 3:1 ratio of Rosemary EO to Peppermint EO :)

I add a touch of lavender to soften the rosemary/spearmint blend. I also use spearmint 2:1 to the rosemary

We would state the obvious!
Get thee to a soap calculator like soapcalc or soapee.com and learn to use it - theres a sticky in the beginners forum on how to use them.

And I like a 3:1 ratio of Rosemary EO to Peppermint EO :)

Thank you Seawolf. I will fumble my way over to the soapcal. I love any kind of computer aid.

Thank you Arimara that's a lot of good info.I appreciate it. Hey I like Lard. My wife loved my pie crust until I told her I used lard.

http://www.soapmakingforum.com/member.php?u=19788

I can't eat pork without minor complications so I wouldn't know. You wife has no excuse not to like a good pie crust because of lard- she ate it already. =p Still, it's great to know you're a lardy.

Go%20Team%20Lardside_zpsitjemzlv.jpg

Latest posts

Back