Rosemary~Mint

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapmaker Man

Reaction score
Goat Milk soap;

DSCF3419.jpg

DSCF3432.jpg

DSCF3436.jpg

Looks absolutely wonderful!!!! Yummy. You inspire me. :D

Digit

I am in the market for a good rosemary mint that will behave in HP. Does anyone have a recommendation to share?

Hey Paul, those are perty!

Will the herbs in the soap act like an exfoliant?

Did you use a mint EO for scent?

Which one do you like? I've been thinking about doing a minty EO soap, because DH & I have allergies & sinus problems.... Nice hot baths with minty bath products always help, so I thought maybe I'd try my hand at making my own....

But there are several mints out there, & it's a bit overwhelming... peppermint, eucalyptus, etc, etc,.... any suggestions??

SoapyGal said:

Which one do you like? I've been thinking about doing a minty EO soap, because DH & I have allergies & sinus problems.... Nice hot baths with minty bath products always help, so I thought maybe I'd try my hand at making my own....

But there are several mints out there, & it's a bit overwhelming... peppermint, eucalyptus, etc, etc,.... any suggestions??

I don't know how the herbs will feel, this is my first time making this.
I infused some olive oil with the rosemary. I used 2 parts spearmint EO to 1 part peppermint EO. Of that mix, I used .6 ounce PPO. The scent so far is just right with a slight scent of rosemary. Well see as it cures out.

Soapmaker Man said:
SoapyGal said:

I don't know how the herbs will feel, this is my first time making this.
I infused some olive oil with the rosemary. I used 2 parts spearmint EO to 1 part peppermint EO. Of that mix, I used .6 ounce PPO. The scent so far is just right with a slight scent of rosemary. Well see as it cures out.

That sounds like it ought to turn out nice. Right now, I'm trying to remember what rosemary smells like, then I'm trying to remember peppermint..... then, trying to imagine the 2 together.... can't do it.... and I have to wonder if that lack of scent creativity will hamper me?

May I ask how you came to a decision of 2:1 spearment to peppermint? Just trying to educate myself on how the thinking process goes when trying to come up with a blend.

I'm clueless about that at this point in the game..... I don't have even the foggiest idea about where to begin in coming up with a blend.

Thanks

SoapyGal said:
Nice hot baths with minty bath products always help, so I thought maybe I'd try my hand at making my own....

Until you get that minty soap, I have a suggestion for you. When DH has allergy problems, I put a few drops of eucalyptus eo on a wash cloth and set it in the corner of the shower. The heat and steam make a wonderful vapor that I can smell downstairs.

Digit

hmmmmm.....rosemary-mint....I've been wanting a good "gardening" soap recipe. Did you use spearmint or peppermint? Ratio?? Looks yummy!!!

janie

janieinmo said:
hmmmmm.....rosemary-mint....I've been wanting a good "gardening" soap recipe. Did you use spearmint or peppermint? Ratio?? Looks yummy!!!

janie

Hi Janie! :) Both. I use 2:1 Spearmint to Peppermint EO since Peppermint is so strong.

Thank you. :wink:

CupcakeKisses said:
THat looks seriously lovely!

Thank you. Each bar is a full 3-1/2" wide, by 2-1/2" tall, and I cut them 1-1/8" thick. They each weigh 6 ounces now, and after cure, @ 5-1/4 or so.

digit said:
SoapyGal said:
Nice hot baths with minty bath products always help, so I thought maybe I'd try my hand at making my own....

Until you get that minty soap, I have a suggestion for you. When DH has allergy problems, I put a few drops of eucalyptus eo on a wash cloth and set it in the corner of the shower. The heat and steam make a wonderful vapor that I can smell downstairs.

Digit

That's a great tip!!

Thanks for sharing it, digit :)

I will give that a try!

Latest posts

Back